Morton v Pars

1 minute ago, Al k said:

Yeah a run of three wins. Then back to the bigger run of defeats. 

That's the story so far. This is grim, stevie should have appointed an experienced head beside him. 

I can't see who can come in to replace him either.  

An Interm manager, which they should have done with Stevie Crawford. Guy has been hung oot to dry as he not ready for the step up to management just now. Think the board will know they got this one wrong. Hopefully can get his coaching role back as John Potter  did.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Those ‘fans’ who hounded AJ out won’t be feeling so smart now will they? 

I seem to remember you were quite vocal about AJ needing to go? Admission you were wrong? 

Im gonna repeat myself again.  Like a broken record. But...

We signed a bunch of youngsters, from lower league clubs, most on two year deals.  Long term plan to use this season for experience, next season will be a proper play off/promotion push.

The Championship is the toughest league, youngsters will be inconsistent, and we dont have the cash or backing to spunk cash left right and centre.

The funds arent there... We dont have the cash to sack managers and pay them off, then pay new managers, and bring in his choice of players.  

Its not great.  Sometimes its not pretty to watch.  But we have a Dunfermline Athletic to support, which must be better than no DAFC to support? 

2 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I seem to remember you were quite vocal about AJ needing to go? Admission you were wrong? 

Im gonna repeat myself again.  Like a broken record. But...

We signed a bunch of youngsters, from lower league clubs, most on two year deals.  Long term plan to use this season for experience, next season will be a proper play off/promotion push.

The Championship is the toughest league, youngsters will be inconsistent, and we dont have the cash or backing to spunk cash left right and centre.

There funds arent there... We dont have the cash to sack managers and pay them off, then pay new managers, and bring in his choice of players.  

Its not great.  Sometimes its not pretty to watch.  But we have a Dunfermline Athletic to support, which must be better than no DAFC to support? 

**** off with the lucky to have a club ****. 

Results aren't good enough, performances haven't been good enough. Lack of leadership everywhere from top to bottom of the club currently. 

A few weeks back folk were delighted we were in 4th place despite slating Crawford and the players for poor results for much of the season.  

Ok, results arent as we want them, but lets not have a mental breakdown about it.

As for leadership at the club, no-one else wants to buy or invest.  So what do you propose?  We have what we have and it is what it is for now.

1 minute ago, the saline hill puma said:

By leadership I mean on the park or from the dug out. 

You said top to bottom.  Top is the Board? No? 

Point still remains, we dont have the funds to get rid of a management team, hire a new one, and then bring in their player choices to fit their ideas.

Guest The Beer Baron

What young players now?

Who in that team today who started is a wee young laddy?

Scully, Gashcroft and Devine need punted along with the manager who can't get his team working.

1 minute ago, The Beer Baron said:

What young players now?

Who in that team today who started is a wee laddy

Nisbet is only 22.  Hes still young and still learning.  Or is 22 old these days? 

Although, or re-reading the starting line up, I will accept that todays line up was slightly older than of late 

Guest The Beer Baron

Nisbit isn't to blame for anything this season, not sure why he'd get a mention.

It's a pathetic excuse to keep peddling out.

15 minutes ago, The Beer Baron said:

Nisbit isn't to blame for anything this season, not sure why he'd get a mention.

It's a pathetic excuse to keep peddling out.

At no point did I allocate blame on Nisbet.  

In any case, its a valid reason for why we are where we are. 

Guest The Beer Baron

No it isn't. Losing 5 on the spin has nothing to do with our team being (in reality not) filled with youngsters.

Also today you could say McGill. I forgot he even started.

Archived