Morton v Pars

Losing five on the spin is a confidence issue. Youthful players tend to be inconsistent. There is a big expectation from the stands too. Combine all three and results are likely to be hit or miss.

Cliched as it may be, but each game played is a learning experience.

We have an okay squad.  We wont get relegated, I dont think we'll get a play off place.  There is a decent core which hopefully can be added to at the end of the season for a play off charge next season.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, the saline hill puma said:

**** off with the lucky to have a club ****. 

But we are lucky to have a club. 

It's the same f*ckin guys who saved the club who are currently putting their own money in. Don't take a penny and work their arses off for nowt. If they left now there's nobody to take over the management. But we'll see what happens. I wouldn't blame them if they f*cked off. 

When they get it right we'll see where we are. 

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Losing five on the spin is a confidence issue. Youthful players tend to be inconsistent. There is a big expectation from the stands too. Combine all three and results are likely to be hit or miss.

We have an okay squad.  We wont get relegated, I dont think we'll get a play off place.  There is a decent core which hopefully can be added to at the end of the season for a play off charge next season.

Don't share your confidence at all Vinnie.

1 minute ago, Secure Par said:

Maybe a good time for the board to come out with a statement backing Crawford and Dair?

They have to do something as home crowds are down.

I hope something will happen soon. The Board need to do something to arrest the situation. I think they will. 

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

That was the question I was going to ask - what you felt about the threat of relegation or a play off (which I think would be the same thing)? I don't share your optimism on that point.

What you say about the squad is in line with the consensus. The question mark lies with the manager. A few weeks ago I thought he had buried the spector of last year's end of season collapse. I really didn't see 5 defeats in a row coming. This is the second bad rut he has got into with two different squads. A third could mean relegation. This for me is the concern.

The league table is not screaming disaster (compare to Falkirk last season for one example) and there is some breathing space, but it is disappearing fast. No point in hitting the panic button just yet - but I would have to assume that the board have a plan B in development if the losing streak is not stopped.

4 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Confidence? How do you account for going a goal up in games and playing nice football to suddenly letting teams back into it? We surely should be at our most confident having scored but we go back into a shell. 

High expectations from the stands? This is nonsense that is trotted out all the time. We expect players to do the simple things that they are paid to do (short passes, etc.), we expect a bit of energy to be expended and for teams to be put under a bit of pressure at East End. We don't have too high expectations on the young players in particular although we do have high expectations of the senior pros (Ashcroft, Devine, Paton, Scully, etc) who for the most part have been amongst the poorest performers. If you think these expectations are too high then I have no idea what you think we should be expecting? It's like you think they should be applauded for not falling over when they come onto the park!

Can someone who was at the game actually describe how we lined up in midfield - did Murray and Martin play in midfield? I was following the text commentary on COWS and it looked like we were on top till the moment they equalised and looking at BBC stats apart from the score they point to a pretty even game.

Looking at PnB Morton fans are complementary in respect of us as an attacking unit, less so about us defensively.

Just had the courage to watch the highlights. Their second with the diving header was a cracker in fairness. However all three were clearly preventable. Im never a fan of keepers who punch the ball, even when a catch is the easier option, however that was a bloody shocker and no mistake. Its easy to pull in a keeper - but will they be any good. A keeper is like a good striker hard to come by I'm afraid

Archived