Last Home game of the season V Partick

12 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

Has been moved to the Saturday night with kick off at 7.20pm.

Will no doubt result in another home fixture with a much lower crowd than normal.

I thought the BBC could only move 2 home games a season for TV?

That's another **** up. 

19 hours ago, The Beer Baron said:

A ****er but no reason for anyone not to go.

Unless they can't make a Friday night because they have other longstanding plans on a Friday, or can't get a babysitter, or they work Friday nights, or can't get back from  work on time for that ridiculous KO time...There is actually loads of reasons why folk  who watch  fitba on a Saturday can't go on a week night.

1 hour ago, Digs said:

Unless they can't make a Friday night because they have other longstanding plans on a Friday, or can't get a babysitter, or they work Friday nights, or can't get back from  work on time for that ridiculous KO time...There is actually loads of reasons why folk  who watch  fitba on a Saturday can't go on a week night.

It's actually a Saturday night, but all of those points still apply, obviously

11 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

It's actually a Saturday night, but all of those points still apply, obviously

You're right, don't know why I said Friday. As you say though, most of those still stand. Fitba is played at 3pm on a Saturday, unless organised at other times by the fixture list. 

This moving things round, especially when there's no benefit to the clubs being moved,  to accomodate TV is a pain  in the ar** and doesn't take into account those who the game is supposed to be for, the Fans. How many people who have invested in a season  ticket have had to miss multiple games this season because of it? There comes a point when missing games means you have lost money, i.e. you would have been better paying for every game at the gate, and it's less games than you might think.

Guest The Beer Baron

Don't get me wrong, I think games should be 3pm, Saturday and that should be that. All those points, aye I get it.

However, it's far in advance so that contingency plans can be made if it's so important. It's much better than Monday night games for example.

Archived