Inverness (h)

Big game tonight after a long period without a game, hopefully the it wont show to much in terms of match fitness.

Wouldn't think the team will change to much from our last game other than Nisbet will come in for either McGill (I think its harsh for him to lose his place after a couple decent performances) or Afolabi.

Think it will be a close game but if we perform how we did against Dundee after we scored then we have a great chance of getting the 3 points. 

They're a frustrating team to play against. Too easy going to ground and hassling Referees.

We'll need to be patient and keep the ball on the ground as well. 

The pitch should be in a decent enough condition. 

I think a score draw is a fair prediction but a win would be excellent. 

Guest The Beer Baron
15 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

just left York on way up , i am concerned we havent played for over three weeks and might be a bit rusty . Looks like its going to be a chilly evening. 

Beautiful city, you live there?

I think it will be a 1-1 draw. Nisbet will come back in for Gill, and I agree maybe slightly harsh but from what I've seen of Alofabi, (albeit on highlights) he's my preferred partner for Nisbet.

The Cup game could work for or against us so I don't think you can draw too much from that. On one hand, they might have one eye on the game in regards to not getting injured, or subconsciously playing within themselves but on the other hand they could be playing to impress and keep/win their place in the squad. 

A cold night  definitely awaits so get the long johns on...

Guest The Beer Baron

McGill just doesn't offer enough for me, even though he grabbed a poachers goal last time. Doesn't seem to be involved a lot, Afolobi looks a bloody handful to defend against though.

2 hours ago, The Beer Baron said:

McGill just doesn't offer enough for me, even though he grabbed a poachers goal last time. Doesn't seem to be involved a lot, Afolobi looks a bloody handful to defend against though.

I think that’s a bit unfair. The last few games he’s started he’s done most of Nisbet’s ugly stuff for him. He holds it up well, draws fouls and outs defenders under pressure by closing down. He’s never going to be a 25 goal a season striker but he’s improving. 

Guest The Beer Baron

In fairness I'm basing it on Morton away and Queens away, plus his sub against Thistle at home. I didn't see Dundee at home. He's improving though, I'll give him that.

Guest The Beer Baron
12 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

What a crappy way to lose, having done fairly well for quite a lot of the match. Nice goal from Thomas. Anyone have a clear view of that free kick and whether it crossed the line?

No but I can unofficially confirm that it was a bull**** goal.

Archived