Inverness (h)

I was right behind it and it didn’t even look close but I could be wrong. I would question though how the ball can bounce back to almost the six yard box where Comrie cleared it from behind the line...

Second goal a horrible deflection and their only other shot on target hit the post. Other than that they created nothing. 

We on the other hand had at least four very good chances, three before they even scored, as well as getting into good positions at least 5/6 other occasions. 

We’ve played worse and won this season, so I’d say we played well considering we’ve not kicked a ball in three weeks. 

Kyle Turner MOM for me.

My initial thoughts were that it edged over the line, overall as its been 3 weeks since we played I thought we did well, but we fatally never converted the chances we had. ICT had precious few but they have the best game management in the league, very cynical at times but clinically effective. They just seem to have a hix over us that we cant seem to overcome. 

Didnt look like it crossed the line from my seat in the NW.

We played ok and created enough chances to win. The header Nisbet missed was terrible and the fact we failed to test the keeper from pretty much any of our chances is poor.

Thought the front 2 were both pretty poor most of the game and failed to even look like linking up together. Would bring McGill back in for Saturday.

2 hours ago, the saline hill puma said:

Thought the front 2 were both pretty poor most of the game and failed to even look like linking up together. Would bring McGill back in for Saturday.

I thought Afolabi looked decent in the first half then completely fell out of it. I will say though,  that also seemed to coincide with us playing into the channels as opposed to into his feet. 

The pair of them ruined good positions by trying to do too much on the ball but in fairness, that can sometimes happen for strikers when they are only seeing  the ball in 'safe' areas or when they have squandered chances like we did. Basically trying to force things to happen.

I wasn't honestly sure if their first goal was in or not, but I don't think any of their players claimed for it and the ref played on until his linesman signalled that it was a goal. I don't see how he could have been absolutely certain. The ref was conned 're the free kick in any case. Had a gut feeling they'd score from it.

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

I wasn't honestly sure if their first goal was in or not, but I don't think any of their players claimed for it and the ref played on until his linesman signalled that it was a goal. I don't see how he could have been absolutely certain. The ref was conned 're the free kick in any case. Had a gut feeling they'd score from it.

Pretty much my thoughts.

17 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

When you watch it in motion (about 4:10), you can see that it clips the bottom of the post just as it hits the ground, suggesting that it can't possibly have been fully over the line at that point. FFS...

Even that photo suggests that in the linesman's position he in no whatsoever can be 100% sure that the ball crossed the line. 

Archived