1995/96: Tragedy and Triumph

Season 1995/96 was a season of tragedy and triumph. The crushing sadness of the death of our captain Norrie McCathie and then the glorious winning of promotion back to the Premiership.

Dunfermline Athletic Heritage Trust have put together a video with the help of more than a dozen key players from that season, Assistant Manager Dick Campbell and Chairman Roy Woodrow. We hope to have an in-person celebration later in the season which would involve Manager Bert Paton. The video gives you the thoughts, memories and insights of those involved in this most memorable of seasons.

We hope that you will be content to pay a small fee of £5 to the Heritage Trust which is entirely run by volunteers. This will help it to achieve its mission of publicising and celebrating the heritage of Dunfermline Athletic. Click on the link to view:

https://daht.org.uk/story.php?t=DAHT_1995/1996_Reuinion_Videos&ID=2303

9 hours ago, Superally said:

On so many levels I doubt I would ever see a greater goal than Robbo's 

I can still see it in my minds eye, watching it as if the world was moving in slow motion. The one and only time I've not known how to celebrate a goal, my head was all over the place, and I can't actually remember what happened directly after it, except I was about 3 rows further forward from where I was standing in the cage.

11 hours ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

Season 1995/96 was a season of tragedy and triumph. The crushing sadness of the death of our captain Norrie McCathie and then the glorious winning of promotion back to the Premiership.

Dunfermline Athletic Heritage Trust have put together a video with the help of more than a dozen key players from that season, Assistant Manager Dick Campbell and Chairman Roy Woodrow. We hope to have an in-person celebration later in the season which would involve Manager Bert Paton. The video gives you the thoughts, memories and insights of those involved in this most memorable of seasons.

We hope that you will be content to pay a small fee of £5 to the Heritage Trust which is entirely run by volunteers. This will help it to achieve its mission of publicising and celebrating the heritage of Dunfermline Athletic. Click on the link to view:

https://daht.org.uk/story.php?t=DAHT_1995/1996_Reuinion_Videos&ID=2303

I'll download this later Donald. Looking forward to watching it.

Archived