New Manager

worldwiderab

Big Yogi Hughes would be my choice till the end of the season. 
Robertson as I believe has pals in the board so no.

Petrie has done well at lower league and we need to just get championship status and push on next season so no.

Campbell I think will finish his job and leaving Arbroath in a good way…. Wouldn’t surprise me if Petrie takes them over next season as a step up and still part time.

The rest of the lot are a massive no especially the likes of Miller, Levein and Fotheringham..

Get Yogi in to get the team going and on track… we need a hard taskmaster that will not accept less than 100% every game. We are not in a position now to let the players get away with half performances on the pitch.

I would like a Yogi/Jimmy Nicholl partnership. Old school and I’m sure the players would respond… even the likes of Mehmet and Graham could up their game if they had proper coaching/man management.

Shields and Whittaker should be punted ASAP.

Yogi Hughes has bounced around clubs for a reason. He’s a hard no from me. He’s very limited as a coach.

The notion that we need some sort of demon as manager to demand 100% effort through fear is ridiculous. 

A good man manger knows who to scream at and who to put an arm round and when to do both. 

Incidentally who are Robertson pals on the board? Even if it’s true why is that an issue?

• Upvote 2

Imo we need a Hughes in to get us through the season… He’s not a demon…. But demands the team to go out and work 100%… no slacking and if he had a good coach/assistant could get us out this position quickly and imo make a play off place🤷🏻‍♂️ 
I think Hughes would be a good man manager and how to treat the players differently…He’s done it before and had a break out the game so will come back in fresh.

Robertson I have heard has friends on the board like Mr Levein so could be another Crawford situation.

Then we have a problem of who the major owners want to bring in… You can see a German guy with his background team coming in and all goes tits up again… 

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Ask Bobby Barr what he think's of Hughes man management...

With all due respect to Bobby Barr, he’s a monumental bellend. I’ve heard him discuss Hughes in depth numerous times and there’s not a lot of love lost to say the least but I bet there’s two sides to that story. 

Edited by Keyser Soze
  • Upvote 1