No feud with Thomas but he's a lazy ****

Mr Mac

38 minutes ago, Digs said:

Not sure why anyone would be surprised by what he's said here, it seems PG and I agree on some stuff because I;ve said that about him since day one. If I played alongside him he'd be getting it stinking every week for his lack of work rate off the ball.

I wouldn't describe myself as surprised by it. It is noteworthy to call him out in the press though especially after rumours of a bust up the previous week. 

1 hour ago, Fifes Elite said:

I wouldn't describe myself as surprised by it. It is noteworthy to call him out in the press though especially after rumours of a bust up the previous week. 

I was making references to some of the other posts rather than you specifically mate. 

I would agree that it would raise an eyebrow if he doesn't specifically address it, I don't see it as him chucking him under the bus or anything, it would be an act of monumental stupidity for him to say these things if they hadn't been discussed at length. You could read it two ways:

1. They've discussed it and when DT has had it laid out in front of him, presumably using the same words he uses in the article, he's seen what's been said and agreed to work on that, in which case, all good.

2. They've had cross words about it, and PG has laid down the law and made his expectations and the hierarchy crystal clear, with this being the underlining of that. 

For me, it's probably somewhere between the two and I don't necessarily disagree with him if he has done any of those things. He's the gaffer and the buck stops with him, therefore he's well within his rights to put boys back in their box, publicly or otherwise if he feels they're not doing the job. He'll protect when he needs to protect, but will publicly try and light a fire under them if he feels they need it.

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

It's the lies that Grant comes out with, we all know him and Thomas had a bust up at half time vs partick when he questioned his formation and then a week past Monday,Thomas went in and asked the  board to terminate his contract.

All of that is conjecture though unless you have an inside source in the dressing room, which I would say at least 99.999% of us don't.

My initial response was Grant going public on a situation I felt should be kept within the club. I've felt Grant has been a bit too quick to berate his players in public. It's way too early for any that.

A generic, even clichéd statement to cover things post match, for example 'we know things aren't good enough, but we're doing everything we can to improve results' would be sufficient at least for the time being. Obviously he could elaborate on that, but not call out his players weaknesses in public. 

Using the media to curry favour with fans or influence situations is a dodgy strategy. Employees/players would surely respect you more if you keep internal and personal matters within the confides of the club. 

I've heard that there's been bust ups, sure others have as well, but I've zero proof of anything and wouldn't claim it as fact, because it isn't. My opinion is he's lost the confidence of his players, and I think that because of the poor performances and results. But that doesn't mean I've actually have proof of that.

I just think the rapidity of our decline means there's just something not right, and it worries me, more so than any situation for a long time. 

Also wtf was that on STV last night, sympathy vote?, honestly I just don't understand the actual value of it. It said nothing. It's all over social media throwing us (as a club) up in a bad light. I don't want that, I don't want Grant going public for no good reason. He should shut up, get into work and sort this mess out, and our Board should be taking responsibility for information release, not an under pressure Manager.

3 hours ago, Piracy said:

Using the media to curry favour with fans or influence situations is a dodgy strategy. Employees/players would surely respect you more if you keep internal and personal matters within the confides of the club. 

Also wtf was that on STV last night, sympathy vote?, honestly I just don't understand the actual value of it. It said nothing. It's all over social media throwing us (as a club) up in a bad light. I don't want that, I don't want Grant going public for no good reason. He should shut up, get into work and sort this mess out, and our Board should be taking responsibility for information release, not an under pressure Manager.

it was the normal weekly press conference with various media involved, STV took a part of it and put it on their broadcast, their choice.

Edited by gjs93
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Surely will play DT on Saturday. I reckon PG hoping to get a positive reaction out of him, if selected. It seems like a last roll of the dice. It could backfire, but might just get the whole squad up for it. If he doesn't play DT, then it's been a waste of time going public with the spat.

Kinda thought the same tbh 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

Kinda thought the same tbh 

Also the STV interview was maybe PG  way of trying to let the players know that its last chance saloon. I don't think he would've been looking for sympathy of the fans.(don't think he would get any)

The board surely have said they need to see an improvement and fast. He maybe using a bit of the psychology, to try and get the result, that'll give him breathing space. The players have to dig him out and hopefully if we start off meaning business, the fans will play their part. If its the same old, then he's done for I'm afraid.