Pars v Killie

Superally

Much better today at least the players seemed as if they had a purpose and were less aimless. When we went down, they seemed to want to fight and get back in it again. Ultimately our extra time equaliser was well deserved. Both conceded goals were soft, our marking at the first wasn't good and OFW should never have conceded the second goal from that acute angle. Connolly cleared another off the line but he did score a disallowed goal too. At least we have increased our goals scored by 50%. Wighton was a menace and my MOM, but we seemed to lack composure in the last quarter. If Dorans thinks he will find it easy to return to the team, he will have to think again Paul Allan was excellent. Overall it was a much better performance today but you have to temper that with our current position - we are still in last place but we are playing much better and with more confidence than in our last outing. However we desperately need a win and 3pts. Grant may have earned a stay of execution but his head is still on the chopping block. 

• Upvote 2

A much improved performance with a better sense of balance to the team and real fighting spirit. It was good to finally score at home and a point was the least we deserved. Paul Allan played well and the Killie keeper was called upon to make a couple of good saves.

A draw that feels like a win but still no win after 9 league games!

• Upvote 3

Might be an improved performance but the bare facts are that 1 quarter of the season is over and done with and we have 0 wins.  

If we are to remain in the Championship (any chance of promotion, even through the playoffs is long gone) then we have to get rid of the lobotomy patient who was stupidly appointed our manager. 

To be honest I don't have a problem with Grant personally, he seems quite likeable but extremely thick. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Deutsche Par said:

Might be an improved performance but the bare facts are that 1 quarter of the season is over and done with and we have 0 wins.  

If we are to remain in the Championship (any chance of promotion, even through the playoffs is long gone) then we have to get rid of the lobotomy patient who was stupidly appointed our manager. 

To be honest I don't have a problem with Grant personally, he seems quite likeable but extremely thick. 

Hes mibbie no yir cup of tea.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Deutsche Par said:

Tbh I've no issue with Grant. I think he's an honest and enthusiastic guy. I spent social time with him over a few beers back in the mid 80s. He was a good laugh and took time to speak everyone. 

But I'm just beyond frustrated with our start to the season. Like us all, but I cannot see him getting us out of this. Genuinely I can't. I've no axe to grind, I just want him gone. But hey, if he stays then fine, batter on and we'll see where it goes. 

There's negativity, there's positivity, there's loyalty and there's also reality. 

• Upvote 2

certainly deserved the point if not all 3 but we can play a hell of a lot better at both ends of the park.

on Paul Allan, the only surprise is he hasnt been given more game time since the cup games cause the lad has something about him. maybe they think its Dorrans or him but the two together could work imo. a mention for Pybus though for the shift he put in from what Grant said in his interview about being ill and throwing up on the park a few times! :sick:

Partick next week, will be a different game from the cup in July that is for sure, another delay to the inevitable or the end, hmmm.

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

I thi k Grant will be gone early this week. Prediction I stand by. 

What makes you think that?  Why would they wait 2 weeks, then bin him after arguably the best performance of the league season?  

It’s the right decision to make, but utterly bizarre timing without context…

8 hours ago, Piracy said:

Because its what I heard. He was going after the Killie game. ''dead man walking' was the quote. Might be a contractual situation. 

Anyway, if he stays he'd better get results. I'd love him to be a success, but can we see that happening?

I've ran buses to away games for years, filled Charlie D's with mates and associates, argued online and to face about the value of Ross McArthur, loyally backed those who were part of the saving contingent, helped create this alternative forum, help pay for this forum. Now I'm finding because I want Grant out a few of those who blindly would follow mediocrity into hell are turning and angry that blind faith isn't now forthcoming from me. 

Sometimes in life ambition takes over from blind faith. I've had enough of being average and accepting poor performances and being told how I should think. 

GRANT OUT

Couldn't agree more. There was a time, even during AJ and Stevie's tenure I would still have a bit hope even thought he rational side of the brain was telling me I was stupid. That has gone now. Grant was the wrong appointment for the club from the outset given his track record of failure and his performance during his last appointment with Alloa. This is compounded by with his delusional over confidence and self absolution for inept tactics and management. If we had appointed a coach like Petrie, you could understand the clubs ambition and he would have had more time to achieve. Giventhe resistance to Grant's appointment every loss or bad performance is going to have a large chunk of fans calling for his head, irrespective of how good other results go. Leishman got time as the fans were onboard and some of his results were honking by the way (remember watching us lose 4-2 to East Fife at EEP  where we did not deserve the 2 goals and the atmosphere was "oh well" as opposed to the toxic mess just now).

It's not a sense of self entitlement because we once were a big club but, like the majority of our webbed fingered friends across the water must feel, we are better than this.

We can still win the league

⬆️

Grant out.

Edited by Boston Red Sox
  • Upvote 1