David Goodwillie

rosythpar

4 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I believe the finances at rovers are a bit all over the place, running through a various companies.  Unless things have changed significantly over the last few years once you work your way through that it boils down to them being totally reliant on John Sim.   Sim owns starks park and I believe the majority of the 'friends of the club'  debt is basically him not charging rovers for the rent that is due to him. 

Many will be unhappy with the situation,  but you can almost guarantee he has approved this.

It says in the courier he gave the deal a firm green light.

It is also confirmed in the paper they paid a fee of around £50,000,I think Sim will be sticking by his decision on his quest to get to the top flight.

• Upvote 1

The Scottish news reported that the FM has urged the SPFL to step in and ask Raith to reconsider their position're Goodwillie. 

So if they were to cancel his contract and he goes back to Clyde, that would be OK? This can't be about staying out of the limelight or flying under the radar. 

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

The Scottish news reported that the FM has urged the SPFL to step in and ask Raith to reconsider their position're Goodwillie. 

So if they were to cancel his contract and he goes back to Clyde, that would be OK? This can't be about staying out of the limelight or flying under the radar. 

There’s rightful indignation against the move,  and I can’t blame the FM using this to promote women’s rights. 

But this isn’t something to legislate over, either from footballing or government bodies,   It’s up for her to run a justice system correctly that rapists don’t walk around without facing justice(and generally put good preventive measures(clear discussion on concent etc) so they don’t commit their awful crimes in the first place. 

Once those have failed it’s up to each individual employer over their policies.

Why is the FM now getting involved and why has she not kicked up a fuss whilst he was at Clyde?

Not sure of the timings and proceedings may not have fully concluded at that point but once they did and he was deemed a rapist I would assume she’d be saying the same things as she is now…or did she and I’m out of touch on this?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Berry said:

Why is the FM now getting involved and why has she not kicked up a fuss whilst he was at Clyde?

Not sure of the timings and proceedings may not have fully concluded at that point but once they did and he was deemed a rapist I would assume she’d be saying the same things as she is now…or did she and I’m out of touch on this?

I’m sure it’s nothing to do with her being pals with Val… or the fact Val is a big supporter of independence and has probably donated to snp party

1 minute ago, Raymie said:

I don’t recall this level of condemnation when he signed for Clyde ?

The level was different certainly, mainly due to the level of the clubs,  playing PT vs FT will attract more comment,  regardless that he was earning a very good PT wage and is now meant to be earning a decent, but not incredible FT one. 

The nature of things are generally that topic begins to get traction the pressure becomes bigger and higher profile people become involved.

Lastly I think Clyde signed him not too long after the civil verdict and his Blackburn release,  i think that gave him/them more leeway.  There was consideration that the case going against him, the dramatic drop in level would give the chance for remorse.

41 minutes ago, Berry said:

I would be amazed if she even knew who Goodwillie was ‘prior to a few high profile Raith Rovers fans highlighting it in the couple of few days. And tbf why would she be expected to? 

A bloke I work with who has never mentioned football once in the years I’ve known him mentioned Raith Rovers and Goodwillie this morning during a chat. He had  never heard of the player and I’d be willing to bet the vast majority of non football fans, which makes up the majority of the population, wouldn’t  have heard of him until very recently. Football fans do this thing where they assume everyone has a certain level of knowledge about the sport, whereas the reality is most people couldn’t care less. 

Edited by Keyser Soze
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Raymie said:

I don’t recall this level of condemnation when he signed for Clyde ?

There was plenty of condemnation by politicians and fans alike tbf. Five years have passed since then and even in that time attitudes have changed for the better so this movement is getting more support now. 

Edited by Keyser Soze
  • Upvote 4