David Goodwillie

rosythpar

1 hour ago, Superally said:

And the money lost in sponsorship deals etc.................it could amount to a pretty penny. I doubt Val will be lured back unless there is a clear out in the board room. McGlynn remains ominously silent as well  

Would McGlynn not have been behind the attempt to sign him in the first place?

6 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

Would McGlynn not have been behind the attempt to sign him in the first place?

It was McGlynn but the BoD should have told him it was out of the question. Owner John Sim lives in the Far East and gave it his blessing. Maybe out of touch, but his fellow directors should have put him straight. Unbelievable that they chose to ignore Val McDermid's warning that she'd withdraw her sponsorship.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It's braindead actions like this that makes me wonder if we've slipped into an alternative timeline. I don't know how someone squares away the idea of employing a rapist in their minds. But the only good thing to come out of this is that it gives the people of Kirkcaldy a chance to re-galvanise the community and gut the boardroom. I've got a couple of accounts of David  Badwillie's antics around Stirling back in the day but that's for another time. 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

It was McGlynn but the BoD should have told him it was out of the question. Owner John Sim lives in the Far East and gave it his blessing. Maybe out of touch, but his fellow directors should have put him straight. Unbelievable that they chose to ignore Val McDermid's warning that she'd withdraw her sponsorship.

Sim is certainly out of touch sanctioning this,  but he can't be excused by his location.

2 directors tried to tell him,  they were ignored and subsequently resigned. The other 4( or 3 + sim) should be shamed immediately.  Question is how can rovers run without Sim.

McGlynn was rightly highly thought of as a rovers legend 10 days ago, he has a lot of leeway but has burned through all of that and his refusal to handle the situation can't end well for him.  

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

The bewildering course of action by the directors is the thing that stands out, but I had (maybe the wrong) impression that McGlynn, apart from the criticism for defending the signing, seems to have avoided criticism for getting the whole sordid affair started in the first place.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Raith have offered Clyde the chance to take Goodwillie on loan till the end of the season but they have rejected the move.

😂 What's the thinking behind that? Do they think that everyone will have forgotten all about this by the beginning of next season and he can start playing for them then, or are they just trying to reduce the wage bill?

No chance Clyde were going to take them back after all that negative publicity. Somebody at Starks Park must have thought they would. Astounding.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

His career on these Isles is definitely over.

To be honest, I've no idea why he's been playing here for the last 4 years as it is.

Because Clyde are every bit as scummy as the decision to sign him for the Rovers? They have gotten off lightly IMO

• Upvote 1