Live match day streaming

scottyboy

When are all of the live streams of our matches coming to an end? I get that it was needed during the pandemic to generate income and give season ticket holders   something back, due to being unable to attend. Football is for spectators, not TV - Brian Clough said that.  Football without fans is nothing - Jock Stein said that.  Get this Fitbaw fae the hoose tae ****, as its killing the game/atmosphere - I said that.

Anyone?                     

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, scottyboy said:

When are all of the live streams of our matches coming to an end? I get that it was needed during the pandemic to generate income and give season ticket holders   something back, due to being unable to attend. Football is for spectators, not TV - Brian Clough said that.  Football without fans is nothing - Jock Stein said that.  Get this Fitbaw fae the hoose tae ****, as its killing the game/atmosphere - I said that.

Anyone?                     

I'd argue the opposite, I can't get to games season ticket allows me to watch games and still give money to club. Before I wouldn't have bought one and went to one/two games a season.

I really hope these BBC televised games get ended soon, for the good of the game. I noticed the NW was sold out before kick off last night. I'm assuming a load of season ticket holders never showed up, as there were plenty empty seats, as I ended up in the Norrie end? Maybe streaming brings in extra revenue, but EEP is usually deed on match days. Games finished if they keep up with the streaming. It's going all Rupert Murdoch. You can plan what match/movie to watch now. Clough was spot on.

Edited by scottyboy

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

I think the streaming of the pars games is a good idea, I know someone who cant make the games atm due to health issues and watches it in the house.

That can be the only benefit, which is great if you can't make it. Maybe supporters prefer to watch from a warm house, but it kills the passion at the game. Most of the games I've been to recently announce the attendance as 3k, but obviously no in the stadium. I think it's a worrying trend that folk might think it's the future. Could end up with new armchair fans. It  needs binned imo.

Atmosphere was fantastic last night, with more fans than usual, due to probably the reduced gate. If it hadn't been on the box, it would've probably been much larger. If its here to stay, then we're not needing a big 4 sided stadium. Could maybe see a day when more Pars fans are watching from the house, than in the ground. The death knell fir the game.

14 hours ago, scottyboy said:

I really hope these BBC televised games get ended soon, for the good of the game. I noticed the NW was sold out before kick off last night. I'm assuming a load of season ticket holders never showed up, as there were plenty empty seats, as I ended up in the Norrie end? Maybe streaming brings in extra revenue, but EEP is usually deed on match days. Games finished if they keep up with the streaming. It's going all Rupert Murdoch. You can plan what match/movie to watch now. Clough was spot on.

I didn't turn up, there's one season ticket. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Doncaster gets something right for the good of the game. I wonder if Sky twisted his arm a bit? Be good for a bit more crowded stadiums across the country. Streaming was only for Covid and hopefully will never return.

Screenshot_20220409-000045_Chrome.jpg

You say that but there goes money from me practically every weekend watching games. I won't be traveling from Epsom soon to be Thirsk. What's that to the club 18x £12 plus a £7 donation for lost pie, program etc...

Great for everyone one nearby, I won't pay that anymore for highlights a day or so later.

Edited by Al k
Drunken spanglish