Thomas Meggle interview

rosythpar

So looking at what is still in place

Youth Academy- We miss around 20 boys that either told they are not good enough and most go to Premier team where they are doing well.. the youth academy structure is a mess and the old school coaches have to go. 
For a fact 1 boy was told and quote “your body is growing bigger than your brain”…… well he moved to Hearts and playing an age group up and starting the Scottish football school at Balerno🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ Plus there is no scouts present anywhere. 
Management- Yogi, Brian Rice who takes training, Whittaker, Shields and a guy that by the looks of it couldnt trap a boulder under his foot warming up the players on match days.

Team- the worst I have seen in 30 years. No passion, working hard and playing together… 

If we do go into the relegation playoffs remember we are on a downer and these teams are full of confidence wanting to go a league up… I really think we will get beaten of Airdrie.

But in all this season has been brutal. The new CEO has a massive job on his hands plus a total haul of the team and management needs done. Yogi might stay unfortunately but the likes of Shields etc has to go.

Edited by Secure Par

Right let’s just calm it down to a riot 😂

If there was an issue with slow starts you could point fingers at the “warm up coach” but we don’t have that issue.

I think we can point the finger squarely at the two head coaches/managers we had this season for the underperformance.

As for Meggles comments- I’m fine with that.  What we do need (and I expect it to happen in close season) is a proper full brief from our CEO on the plans.  Suspect he’s waiting to see what league we will be in….!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

And who is the guy taking the warm ups before the game? I think we are a bit overloaded on the coaching side? And all these coaches have to be dross to see us where we are? 

You also have the guy who Peter Grant brought in who stands about the dugout. 

7 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Right let’s just calm it down to a riot 😂

If there was an issue with slow starts you could point fingers at the “warm up coach” but we don’t have that issue.

I think we can point the finger squarely at the two head coaches/managers we had this season for the underperformance.

As for Meggles comments- I’m fine with that.  What we do need (and I expect it to happen in close season) is a proper full brief from our CEO on the plans.  Suspect he’s waiting to see what league we will be in….!

No riot at all but with the amount of coaching staff we have, this situation we are in is baffling? And not trying to be funny but the warm up coach… who nobody knows🤷🏻‍♂️ Before a game is nowhere near the guy we had that left us.. He walks out chilled and players just walk out but before there was a intensity into our warm up before a game. It all makes a difference on match day preparation.

3 hours ago, Secure Par said:

No riot at all but with the amount of coaching staff we have, this situation we are in is baffling? And not trying to be funny but the warm up coach… who nobody knows🤷🏻‍♂️ Before a game is nowhere near the guy we had that left us.. He walks out chilled and players just walk out but before there was a intensity into our warm up before a game. It all makes a difference on match day preparation.

But we don’t get many injuries, and we don’t necessarily start games badly, so I just don’t see how that’s a negative reflection on the guy leading the warm ups.  I had no idea who Gary McColl was when he came in, no idea where he is now.  It seems such a small part of all the things that are wrong right now tbh.  The number of coaches I could understand being an issue - but again the root cause for me goes right back to the main man as head coach being the problem.  That and the horrendous recruitment in the summer.

7 hours ago, Secure Par said:

And who is the guy taking the warm ups before the game? I think we are a bit overloaded on the coaching side? And all these coaches have to be dross to see us where we are? 

You think we're overloaded with coaches: but you're not sure. I don't think as a club we're overloaded anywhere with staff. 

Worst squad in 30 years? I take it you didn't attend any games during the League 1 season under Potter? 😂

I'm glad he's saying these things again and it's about time the fans started to listen. They aren't here to bang cash into the squad and hope for the best. It's about building an infrastructure beneath the first team and around the club itself. For that to happen and start to bear fruit takes time, 7-9 years in their opinion, and I'm glad they are taking that approach. 

All the folk screaming for success now or it's a failure are absolutely deluded. We have been struggling since admin and what got us there? Folk spending money we didn't have, good after bad, and it almost killed us. Now, we have people at the helm who are investing but in the right things but are also supporting the playing side too. We need to be patient. 

Having said all that, I've made my thoughts known on the youth coaching at Fife Elite and the Pars for years. It's been bad and that is one key area they need to get right or the fancy facility won't be worth much. I will counter that though by saying we have 4 players in our current first team squad who have come through the academy, and who all have a decent chance of being a player. All clubs let guys go who do well elsewhere that is not unique to us. You only need to look at the Scotland 2020 squads that were started back in 2010, with a hope of producing players for the 2020 Scotland squad. How many made the full squad out of that? Billy Gilmour, Nathan Patterson, and possibly Aaron Hickey. 3 players from literally thousands. Point being, youth structures are very. very hard to ensure product and make the right call on every single player because players develop at different rates and decisions sometimes have to be made.

• Upvote 6