Could Dorrans be on the move?

kelty_par

The norm I’m Scotland is for contracts to run until 31st may. The exception being when players sign in January as you a required to offer a deal that lasts until the transfer window opens, that is on Friday.  

That would suggest someone who’s last deal was short term,  either that or their not currently at a Scottish club.

Dorrans joined just before the league season started, was pitched straight in to a disfunctional team and became the on-field scapegoat pretty quickly. He had a bad game at home to Thistle and at Ibrox, but was not alone, and his performances starting to pick up when he got injured.

He was alright when he returned, out again, but was our best player in the play-offs. He's also never been as bad as some want to make out.

If we park the fact that he's not as good as we all hoped, I think he'll be an asset next season if he stays.

He's still a good player. Like many last season, they probably were not able to give of their best for various reasons - managers, formations, injuries, a struggling side etc?

I'd expect him to be dictating play in league one, if McPake wants him to stay?

11 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Dorrans joined just before the league season started, was pitched straight in to a disfunctional team and became the on-field scapegoat pretty quickly. He had a bad game at home to Thistle and at Ibrox, but was not alone, and his performances starting to pick up when he got injured.

He was alright when he returned, out again, but was our best player in the play-offs. He's also never been as bad as some want to make out.

If we park the fact that he's not as good as we all hoped, I think he'll be an asset next season if he stays.

He was asked to come in 4 weeks earlier but told the club he was wanting time off

6 minutes ago, Grant said:

Where, and how do you play him? Is he worth building the team around? 

Where will depend on who else he signs and how McPake wants to play, but I'd have him at the top of a diamond or anywhere that he doesn't have too much defensive responsibilities.

I would build a team around him for next season. Can't be too many internationals playing in league one?