Could Dorrans be on the move?

kelty_par

16 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Also our best run of form came when he was nowhere near the squad 

That's fair.  He's been a bit of a Gareth Bale at the start of his Spurs career if we look at how many victories he's actually been on the field for.

However, our best run of form was a draw against Morton, the win against Thistle, a defeat against ICT and then the win against Rovers.  It was comparatively good based on the rest of the season, but pretty fleeting.  Chalmers played in all 4 games, relatively well in the home games I should add, but if you took him out and put Dorrans in, I don't think it skews the team so much that's the pattern of play would have been different.  That's obviously just my opinion though, as there's no way to prove that.

We did beat Ayr after that, but we were sh!t and got murdered by Killie the game before, so I'm excluding those from any "run of form".      

Aside from that, he played both games in our only back to back league victories - and missed the 5-0 against Morton and the capitulation against Arbroath when we went 2 up.

2 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

That's fair.  He's been a bit of a Gareth Bale at the start of his Spurs career if we look at how many victories he's actually been on the field for.

However, our best run of form was a draw against Morton, the win against Thistle, a defeat against ICT and then the win against Rovers.  It was comparatively good based on the rest of the season, but pretty fleeting.  Chalmers played in all 4 games, relatively well in the home games I should add, but if you took him out and put Dorrans in, I don't think it skews the team so much that's the pattern of play would have been different.  That's obviously just my opinion though, as there's no way to prove that.

We did beat Ayr after that, but we were sh!t and got murdered by Killie the game before, so I'm excluding those from any "run of form".      

Aside from that, he played both games in our only back to back league victories - and missed the 5-0 against Morton and the capitulation against Arbroath when we went 2 up.

True, embarrassing to even say the best run of form was 4 games it shows how tragic a season it really was. Either way I’d rather he went as he’s our top earner and I’d rather have a clean slate and wipe out majority of the squad that got us here. If he stays then I’d hope he, like the rest of the team, can show a bit more than they did last season

1 hour ago, Raymie said:

Where will depend on who else he signs and how McPake wants to play, but I'd have him at the top of a diamond or anywhere that he doesn't have too much defensive responsibilities.

I would build a team around him for next season. Can't be too many internationals playing in league one?

We had an international at centre back for the playoffs, it certainly didn't help. 

Perhaps you saw the difference between an international player on loan to the end of the season and an international who still had another year on his contract?

Dorrans was our best player against QP in the home leg, in my opinion and you could see he was genuinely gutted in his post match interview.

57 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Perhaps you saw the difference between an international player on loan to the end of the season and an international who still had another year on his contract?

Dorrans was our best player against QP in the home leg, in my opinion and you could see he was genuinely gutted in his post match interview.

I was just making the point that what a player has achieved previously, especially if its a good few years ago might not have much relevance to the here and now. 

I think Dorrans is OK, they'll be factor's at play that we won't be aware of such as his wages, if (as rumoured) he was one of the best paid players in the Championship, are we getting an adequate return? I really don't think so, if he's our top earner are we getting top performances on a regular enough basis? 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Piracy said:

He's 1 player and we don't pay fortunes. 

Highest paid player in the championship before Lafferty joined Kilmarnock last season. The budget this season will be significantly lower than last season and we are paying players wages which we probably budgeted on finishing 2nd/3rd in the championship. 

We will need to try and move players on to free up money to bring new players in who will improve us,the problem is who will take them.