German Football Stadiums

rosythpar

German football clubs make extra income through selling stadium naming rights, in 2020 Bayern Munich made 6 million euros extra in revenue through a stadium naming rights deal with Allianz. 

I wonder if this could be something Fussball GMBH could look at to give us extra income which could be used to strenghthen the squad. 

I remember it being something that Ross McArthur said several seasons ago that the board were open to but it appears that no companies were interested. 

Being a German resident and avid follower of the game here it is the norm that stadiums are named after sponsors (the aforementioned Allianz Arena, Mercedes-Benz Arena, Signal Iduna Park, Heinz Von Heiden Arena etc.) 

However Eintracht Braunschweig's fans have started a campaign to raise money for the naming rights for Eintracht-Stadion to ensure that it is always named Eintracht-Stadion. 

https://stadion.eintracht.com/

• Upvote 2

It doesn't work here I don't think. People either efuse to call it that or they take the **** out of the name - See Livi and The Spaghettihad 'Tony Macaroni Arena'. Southend's latest one has also ran into trouble this week with their West stand sponsorship by a company called Gilbert & Rose. They clearly never thought it through calling it the Gilbert & Rose West stand and are now having to change it...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Digs said:

It doesn't work here I don't think. People either efuse to call it that or they take the **** out of the name - See Livi and The Spaghettihad 'Tony Macaroni Arena'. Southend's latest one has also ran into trouble this week with their West stand sponsorship by a company called Gilbert & Rose. They clearly never thought it through calling it the Gilbert & Rose West stand and are now having to change it...

I remember there was a campaign when Man City were naming their stands to have one of the ends named after Colin Bell...

16 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

I remember there was a campaign when Man City were naming their stands to have one of the ends named after Colin Bell...

Took me a minute...😆

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

Dundees Bobby Cox stand barely gets a mention. 

So bad they named it twice...

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Number Eleven said:

It’s good to see new commercial deals like this and I’m glad it’s a local firm. The new name is a bit on the long side and I imagine most fans will stick with calling it East End.

Every fan will do that regardless of what the name is.