Kelty v The pars

Fifes Elite

For as long as I’ve been a Pars fans the ‘young team’ have always been bullied by the older generations despite many of the bullies behaving much worse in their youth than the YT. It’s always been the way for as long as social media and forums have existed. .Net was particularly poisonous for it. I’d be hypocritical in the extreme if I went overboard on the judgement tbh so I’ll not say much more. Silly behaviour aye but most people were daft in their youth wether their outlet was inside the stadium or maybe up the toon at the weekend. We were all young once and some people would do well to remember that they weren’t angels when they were young. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

For as long as I’ve been a Pars fans the ‘young team’ have always been bullied by the older generations despite many of the bullies behaving much worse in their youth than the YT. It’s always been the way for as long as social media and forums have existed. .Net was particularly poisonous for it. I’d be hypocritical in the extreme if I went overboard on the judgement tbh so I’ll not say much more. Silly behaviour aye but most people were daft in their youth wether their outlet was inside the stadium or maybe up the toon at the weekend. We were all young once and some people would do well to remember that they weren’t angels when they were young. 

Young or not, chucking coins and vapes at opposition players is unacceptable 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Never once felt the need to launch a missile at anyone when I'm at a game tbh, or call anyone a paedo for 90 mins either come to that. 

Calling out stupidity isn't hypocritical or bullying, a word often over used nowadays and it's definitely hyperbolic in this case. Everyone has done something stupid in their lives they likely regret if you go back far enough, of course they have, so does that mean no-one can call out poor behaviour for fear of being hypocritical?

I'll happily give them praise where it's due, and did so several times last year, on here and elsewhere, but I'm not going to say nothing if they do something stupid that could be costly to the club (and themselves more to the point) because I might have done something daft in the 90's. 

This wasn't spontaneous because it happened more than once, even after they were called out. That doesn't make it heat of the moment, it makes it a deliberate act. That being the case, it can't be described as anything other than stupid.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

No and I didn’t post anything of the sort. I think it’s a bit unfair to suggest I did tbh. 

Well you said you would refrain from being critical for fear of being a hypocrite and you started your post off by saying the 'young team' have always been bullied by older members of the support. Given this thread has posts criticizing said individuals, it's difficult to imagine exactly what the relevance of saying those things were to the discussion if that wasn't what you meant.

25 minutes ago, Digs said:

Well you said you would refrain from being critical for fear of being a hypocrite and you started your post off by saying the 'young team' have always been bullied by older members of the support. Given this thread has posts criticizing said individuals, it's difficult to imagine exactly what the relevance of saying those things were to the discussion if that wasn't what you meant.

I was referring to the personal abuse aimed at them. 

59 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

I was referring to the personal abuse aimed at them. 

Well if you're chucking multiple objects at football players and calling people a paedo, you need to be prepared to take some stick and saying they aren't particularly bright is probably justified, nor is it particularly harsh in comparison. 

30 minutes ago, Digs said:

Well if you're chucking multiple objects at football players and calling people a paedo, you need to be prepared to take some stick and saying they aren't particularly bright is probably justified, nor is it particularly harsh in comparison. 

Yes, if the comments were “they aren’t particularly bright” then that would be absolutely fine in my opinion.