Kelty v The pars

Fifes Elite

On 18/08/2022 at 09:09, Keyser Soze said:

Interested to see how the Kelty support holds up if they keep losing every week. Also intrigued to see how many fans they bring to KDM Group EEP. 

Last time they were at KLF Group EEP, they filled the Pars end. It was a Cup Final, so the village will turn up when there is a trophy (maybe a crowd busting Play Off) to be had. It was Buckfast Central in the home end that day. The Machine lost to Bonnyrigg iirc.

Not at the game so i cant say much, However still top of the table, 4 clean sheets and we seemed according to the stats to be the stronger team against a team with 4 ex pars who were always going to raise their game against us in their home patch. There is going to be difficult games in this league and this was our first banana skin. Next week week have the outright buckfast swilling scum that are Airdrie (Bring yer dug biscuits for Section B) that will be another big test 

Terrible game. The ball went home in an ambulance. 

We were better in the second half and created all the best chances in the game and should have really scored through Breen (twice) and Todorov and Todd forced a save out of the keeper from distance he didn’t know much about.

For me McDonald and Todorov must start next week. McCann was well off the pace, and Todorov at least held it up and linked play. McDonald set up the winner last week and delivered at least half a dozen great balls into the box when he came in today that were screaming for a centre forward to attack. 

The pitch is tight up there and it also managed to be both sticky and slippy at the same time 🤷‍♂️.

Having said that, we did ourselves no favours with shelling it long into channels for much of the game. That was better in the second half but it tells it’s own story when their centre half got the MOTM.

Cardle was honking and totally anonymous and how Higgy didn’t get booked for persistent fouling I’ll never know. I counted 8. 

• Upvote 4

Also, on the bottle thing, it was an empty fruit shoot bottle and it hit him in the shoulder. To his credit he treated as he should have and just stood there like 🤷‍♂️. There were also coins and elf bars getting thrown but I never saw any, just the keeper picking them up. 

Wee Fannie’s need to give their head a wobble and large chunks of the rest of our support made their feelings clear on the behaviour. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Digs said:

Also, on the bottle thing, it was an empty fruit shoot bottle and it hit him in the shoulder. To his credit he treated as he should have and just stood there like 🤷‍♂️. There were also coins and elf bars getting thrown but I never saw any, just the keeper picking them up. 

Wee Fannie’s need to give their head a wobble and large chunks of the rest of our support made their feelings clear on the behaviour. 

Unfortunately there was also a half full bottle of water  thrown at the goalie too which didn’t hit him.  That group of boys in the middle behind the goal let themselves and the club down today with that nonsense.

That's nae guid. Best thing to do is challenge their more negative behaviours while at the game. I've done it, few times.  I attend most away games and I can say the younger element are passionate,  but occasionally misguided among themselves. But that's often the spirit of youth. We don't want them to spoil their own reputation. 

15 minutes ago, Piracy said:

That's nae guid. Best thing to do is challenge their more negative behaviours while at the game. I've done it, few times.  I attend most away games and I can say the younger element are passionate,  but occasionally misguided among themselves. But that's often the spirit of youth. We don't want them to spoil their own reputation. 

As much as the behaviour of a handful reflected badly on our support,  the numbers who quickly called them out was great to see. 

3 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Sorry, who is DJ?  I would have thought Higgy, Cardle or John Potter would be the likely candidates for the fandans. 

Darren Jamieson, the Kelty keeper. 

He’s a local lad and a bit of panto was to be expected,  he even encouraged it himself and for the most part that’s all it was.  Unfortunately a few didn’t understand that a starting throwing stuff  which is clearly unacceptable.

• Upvote 1