Andy Smith chats about Airdrie '96

Eastendtales

Episode 5 of EastEndTales is out now and it's a better. 

We've got Andy Smith on to talk about his time at the Pars and a focus on the title winning game in 1996. If you love 90s Dunfermline, this is the perfect listen. 

We're on Spotify, Google Podcasts, Amazon Music etc but here is also the direct link:

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/11899392

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Eastendtales said:

Hope you enjoy it. If there are any games anyone would like covered I'll do my best to find a suitable guest! 

the 3-3 game with united when we came back from 3 down, not a great game but would be interesting from a player perspective the 4-3 defeat at Dumbarton which we thought was the pars last ever game. 

Keep up the good work.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Al k said:

the 3-3 game with united when we came back from 3 down, not a great game but would be interesting from a player perspective the 4-3 defeat at Dumbarton which we thought was the pars last ever game. 

Keep up the good work.

I remember that, the wind game. Gerry Britton nearly won us the game 4-3. 

Pretty sure Falkirk played Partick same day with a similar result. 

The Dumbarton game is painful to think about even now, but we'll get it at some point. 

• Upvote 1

On 21/12/2022 at 11:44, Eastendtales said:

Hope you enjoy it. If there are any games anyone would like covered I'll do my best to find a suitable guest! 

Semi final up in Inverness? Can have the back story of the lead up with the run and the game at hampden. Can obviously then talk about the final.

Dunno if we want to cover the European games🙈.

2007 Scottish cup run would be a good listen, the replay in particular.   It might not have been the most exciting games, but the 5 minutes or so from hammill receiving the ball on the edge of the box to the players coming over and celebrating with the fans was something very special.

Such a contrast to how things were going in the league.

5 hours ago, parsforlife said:

2007 Scottish cup run would be a good listen, the replay in particular.   It might not have been the most exciting games, but the 5 minutes or so from hammill receiving the ball on the edge of the box to the players coming over and celebrating with the fans was something very special.

Such a contrast to how things were going in the league.

If you go to our episode with Greg Shields (ep. 3) you'll hear all about it 😀