William Seaman (D)

Dunfermline Athletic Heritage Trust would like to extend their sincere condolences to the family of William Seaman who died on 28 January. Wullie had recently donated many interesting items to the Heritage Trust, some going back over seventy years, He had also given a Programme collection to the Dunfermline Carnegie Library local history archive. Wullie was a lifetime supporter of Dunfermline Athletic and indeed was one of the oldest season ticket holders at East End Park, being in his late eighties. He very rarely missed a game. Donald Adamson, Secretary of the Trust, said "Wullie was born in the Pleasance Road, Halbeath, in the house next to my grandparent's cottage. I often chatted to him outside East End Park on match day. He remained as knowledgeable, passionate and committed a Dunfermline supporter as you could ever wish to meet. He was a much loved father and grandfather and will be greatly missed by his family and friends. He was a fine man and a true Par."

I would add that after my Dad came back from WWII (North Africa and Italy in his case) there was a knock on the door and it was a young Wullie Seaman enquiring if he was going to the next Dunfermline game, and could he accompany him along the Halbeath Road to East End Park.

• Upvote 1