Falkirk make £1.2 million loss last season

Deutsch Par

and are apparently living hand to mouth, spending more than they earn.

Falkirk in trouble?

Of course they are trying to paint it not being as bad as it looks but perhaps if they don't go up maybe admin or worse.  They have had a decent cup run with their game v Darvel being on TV and their upcoming match v Ayr also on the box but with all due respect to Darvel and Ayr they're not exactly money spinning supports.

27 minutes ago, Deutsch Par said:

and are apparently living hand to mouth, spending more than they earn.

Falkirk in trouble?

Of course they are trying to paint it not being as bad as it looks but perhaps if they don't go up maybe admin or worse.  They have had a decent cup run with their game v Darvel being on TV and their upcoming match v Ayr also on the box but with all due respect to Darvel and Ayr they're not exactly money spinning supports.

Probably banking on going up, by the looks of that report 

Hoping they get enough fans to set up a minimum DD. it's the looking for a wealthy investor that would trigger alarm bells. Must be a nightmare trying to manage a club financially, while trying to balance the books. Wonder if there is any Saudi Falkirk fan waiting in the wings? 

£1.2 million loss last year and just a mere £400k BUDGETED loss this year.   (Which they are talking proudly about “achieving”). Zero cash in the bank and they’re talking about a double promotion to help balance the books.

Also, £150k grant has been secured to replace their pitch, but that means £150k more out of their outlay to match the grant to get the work done.

Board talking about a “disappointing” response to another membership scheme, and only 3 more patrons added with their latest drive (not sure if that’s their £5k 10 year season ticket thing).  

Their fans should be a damn sight more worried than they appear to be!

12 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

For all that Falkirk are one of my least favourite clubs, I don't want to see them go under. Intense local rivalries are the lifeblood of our game and the atmosphere they generate make these games very special. I hope they can join us in the Championship next season. 

I thought until I saw all the boiler comments when our game was postponed, still seeing them. Fans that also threw eye's on the pitch a few years back.

Can rot as far as I'm concern. Shame for the few decent fans they have.  

• Upvote 2

Very serious issues for Falkirk - how can they continue to trade with these huge losses year on year?

Looking at our recently published accounts I’d expect us to report a loss for this season that will dig into the funding that was supposed to pay for the training centre.

It’s really clear full time football is not sustainable in League 1 and is a real struggle in the Championship.

• Upvote 1

The only person I know who claimed to be a Falkirk fan had a weird looking poodle that he used to show at Crufts. He didn't have a clue about how their games had went when we got in to work on a Monday. He was an odd guy.

I never checked if he had the standard amount of fingers...   

15 hours ago, Al k said:

I thought until I saw all the boiler comments when our game was postponed, still seeing them. Fans that also threw eye's on the pitch a few years back.

Can rot as far as I'm concern. Shame for the few decent fans they have.  

I get where you're coming from, Al, but we need somebody to hate - a target for our primordial tribal emotions. Take away that scummy six fingered mob and who do we substitute them with?