How good are St Pauli?

GG Riva

Strong, skilful, athletic, quick, physical, well organised and comfortable on the ball. 👏 (Have I missed anything out?)

Best team we`ve seen at EEP in many a long year. I think they would comfortably hold their own in the Scottish Premiership. Our team stuck at it manfully, but were no match for them. No disgrace to be beaten by a much better team.

I`d love to see the Pars get to a similar level in my lifetime. 🤞

• Upvote 1

Hold their own? They’d be challenging. 

Every single player comfortable in possession, even in tight areas. The centre half and keeper could have sat down in the box, cracked the cigars out and had a couple of Steins. 

Their press was so high, gave us no time on the ball and it made us look like a very poor team, which we’re not. 

I’ll counter that by saying it was the first game in 6 weeks for us, less for them. We’ve had a tough week back at preseason this week and they also made way more subs than us. I thought we looked better when our young lads came on 😂

Also, first game back so I’m not reading anything into it other than our young players got see where they need to be if they want to go to a decent level and for that it was well worth it. 

Anyone expecting anything less than what happened last night was deluded. 

Job done, take it to the training pitch. 

• Upvote 2

Going by the highlights they looked very good. Calm, wide range of passes, good first touch. Never looked in trouble really. Felt sorry for the one that hit bar what a goal and move that was. 

Mehmet had a few good saves to keep it down.

Its a marker of how far the level of footballer in Scotland has fallen. Anytime iv saw them online they look miles ahead of anyone bar the two cheeks of Scotland's arse. 

Put that squad in Scottish football and I’d place them 3rd probably.  Top 6 certainly, Come out on top of the hearts/hibs/Aberdeen  most times, a bit behind the OF when they are both on playing well, maybe able to split them when one isn’t.

The 2nd half wouldn’t have been so one sided had we also the ability to bring on another team of senior pros

6 hours ago, rosythpar said:

Was speaking to one of the club volunteers on Friday and he was telling me that an away friendly against St Pauli for next year could be announced shortly. I would imagine they would have to work it around the euros.

As long as they don't make it the first weekend after the Euros...  Sister's wedding so I will be in Scotland.

If it isn't at that time, I will be on a train to Hamburg.