Alloa v Pars

3 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

Nah it was a stupid lunge tackle and he caught the boy. Definitely a red for me 

Pretty sure it means he gets Saturday off now aswell.

Silly boy then, I think your right about Sat. Violent conducts a ban if I remember rightly.

11 hours ago, Secure Par said:

Ref should have asked McPake to take him off as it’s a friendly match tbh… but you can’t really tackle hard nowadays🤷🏻‍♂️

Hard to comment without seeing it but it seems harsh to give a red in a friendly. There were at least 4 instances on Sunday that would have been an automatic booking in the Hearts game that the ref let go.

11 hours ago, VinnyPars said:

It's definitely a red, very late and catches him high 

He caught his foot. It was a late tackle, that's all. It's a contact sport, it happens. How many of the Alloa players were going daft? None. That says it all for me.

You're probably right that in the rules it's probably a red, but my contention is that today's rules are utter nonsense. In days gone by, he would have just gotten up from that tackle and played on. If players didn't wear boots made of paper and shin guards the size of fag packets for reasons I've yet to determine, then there wouldn't be half as much rolling about. The game and some of the players nowadays are saft as ****e, and I'm not even that old.

Aside from that, it's a friendly. Unless it's a leg breaker which this absolutely wasn't, or he's punched someone in the face, then refs shouldn't really be flashing red cards about in a friendly. Have a word, even at worst say to the manager to take him off, but to red card someone in a friendly just reeks of jobsworth.

• Upvote 5