Alloa v Pars

Aye, second string tonight.

Little

Comrie, Fisher, Otoo, Fenton

Allan,  Chalmers

O'Halloran, McGowan, Tod

Sutherland.

Trying to put together a second string and it highlights where we are still  short.

We need some form of right back cover. If Comrie was out we would be struggling. Midfield is probably one short too. Certainly forward areas short.

Need another 4 players I would say.

5 hours ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Aye, second string tonight.

Little

Comrie, Fisher, Otoo, Fenton

Allan,  Chalmers

O'Halloran, McGowan, Tod

Sutherland.

Trying to put together a second string and it highlights where we are still  short.

We need some form of right back cover. If Comrie was out we would be struggling. Midfield is probably one short too. Certainly forward areas short.

Need another 4 players I would say.

For right back, Fisher can cover in there, but Chalmers and Tod are also more than capable cover in those positions both having played there for significant periods in their career. 

It wouldn't matter anyway as we don't play 4 at the back, we play 3 CB's, 3 CM's with two wing backs in Comrie and Edwards who tuck in when we have the ball with Wigton up front and one playing off him in either McCann, O'Halloran, or McGowan (albeit he hasn't signed). That's been our formation for most of the past year. That being the case, RB, in the true sense of the word, isn't as much of a problem. 

54 minutes ago, Digs said:

For right back, Fisher can cover in there, but Chalmers and Tod are also more than capable cover in those positions both having played there for significant periods in their career. 

It wouldn't matter anyway as we don't play 4 at the back, we play 3 CB's, 3 CM's with two wing backs in Comrie and Edwards who tuck in when we have the ball with Wigton up front and one playing off him in either McCann, O'Halloran, or McGowan (albeit he hasn't signed). That's been our formation for most of the past year. That being the case, RB, in the true sense of the word, isn't as much of a problem. 

Yeah. I put a 4-2-3-1 down as I was trying to fit fringe players into a team for tonight and thought that suited better than three at the back with the fringe players

When I say RB I mean RWB. Forgot about Todd playing RB but prefer to keep him in AM if Comrie was out longer term. Chalmers played briefly at LB for ICT and was very poor by all accounts.. Again i'm more thinking about a 5-6 week injury to Comrie would take a Fisher or Todd away from their strongest position.

28 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Yeah. I put a 4-2-3-1 down as I was trying to fit fringe players into a team for tonight and thought that suited better than three at the back with the fringe players

When I say RB I mean RWB. Forgot about Todd playing RB but prefer to keep him in AM if Comrie was out longer term. Chalmers played briefly at LB for ICT and was very poor by all accounts.. Again i'm more thinking about a 5-6 week injury to Comrie would take a Fisher or Todd away from their strongest position.

I think we just generally would need to hope both comrie and KRH are not out at the same time,  but that’s a risk we need to take for every position.  3 options per position is only the type of luxury clubs at the top end of Europe have.  

Yeah KRH has already got an injury, but it’s not like he’s out for the season, all going well he’s potentially available at the end of August, that would only be 2 league games missed, more likely it’s slightly longer and he misses 5 or 6, not exactly a period you would expect comrie to be unable to come through.

Maybe we do get unlucky and need to shuffle things about, that’s the reality of football at this level.

16 minutes ago, Al k said:

Saw someone saying it was an accidental stand on the players foot. Couple of yellows in the game. Unusual for a Friendly.

Nah it was a stupid lunge tackle and he caught the boy. Definitely a red for me 

Pretty sure it means he gets Saturday off now aswell.

Edited by the saline hill puma