Pars v Airdrie

Superally

6 minutes ago, Al k said:

2-1 come back from behind, sounded a bit of a struggle and Airdrie missing a good chance late on.

Needed win, lost that and the pressure would have been on the boys. Onwards to the Arabs arguably a free hit. 

They had a very hard game against a very good side who will be challenging this league. Did very well and the stats were good. A great start and I see no reason to worry. Onwards and let others worry. JM has got a good team working for the jersey and each other.

3 hours ago, Lochalsh Par said:

An awful lot of negative moaning. This side have proved that they will work hard for the duration of the game. They work for and with each other as a team. They have individual talents and get freedom to use them. These are very positive attributes and it would be far better to back them, especially at the start of a hard season.

I don't think anyone is attacking the squad themselves, it's the extremely thin margin of backup that's the problem. Look at our bench today, it wasn't exactly brimming with game changing talent (Alladona notwithstanding)

3 hours ago, Lochalsh Par said:

Give this squad a break and get behind them. I see a pretty decent team of players with a good manager / backroom, Competent financial backing and one of the best support numbers in Scotland. Stop moaning and start cheering and we could be back where we belong.

It is a decent team. It's not a decent squad though. Mehmet, KRH and Todd injured, and now Breen suspended for next week. We're very very stretched. A few more injuries and we will be running on fumes.

It's not "moaning" to highlight that we're pretty precarious in terms of cover. Nor is it failing to back the players - if anything it's being on their side by recognising that they can't be expected to do it all without replacements when they are needed.

Anyway, a very pleasing result today and a decent enough performance, apart from 15-30m which was very poor indeed.

Lovely goal from Allan, hit it beautifully. And Ewan Otoo was superb I thought, I picked him as MoM after only an hour or so, he was great.

New keeper looked fine, although we need the defence to stop playing the ball to his left foot.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

I don't think anyone is attacking the squad themselves, it's the extremely thin margin of backup that's the problem. Look at our bench today, it wasn't exactly brimming with game changing talent (Alladona notwithstanding)

It is a decent team. It's not a decent squad though. Mehmet, KRH and Todd injured, and now Breen suspended for next week. We're very very stretched. A few more injuries and we will be running on fumes.

It's not "moaning" to highlight that we're pretty precarious in terms of cover. Nor is it failing to back the players - if anything it's being on their side by recognising that they can't be expected to do it all without replacements when they are needed.

Do you really think that before a ball has been kicked the so called fans have pretty much got them beat is at all positive? If I was a player I would find your assessment of me and my team mates rather negative. Would I go on the park and give my all? Hopefully these guy are better and more professional than the detractors. 

23 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Anyway, a very pleasing result today and a decent enough performance, apart from 15-30m which was very poor indeed.

Lovely goal from Allan, hit it beautifully. And Ewan Otoo was superb I thought, I picked him as MoM after only an hour or so, he was great.

New keeper looked fine, although we need the defence to stop playing the ball to his left foot.

A very good and positive assessment 

29 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

You have to cut your cloth etc. We are limited with money resources but so are most of the others. Morton are in a much worse position. A good manager directing a decent talented team will often overcome well paid stars. I look forward to taking on the Arabs with all their money and squad. COYP. I have to disagree as I have seen a lot of attacks which would undermine any lad trying to do his best. Stop attacking please and get behind

Really proud of the lads today, such a shift.

Came out the blocks really fast which hasn’t been like us and we were playing with a lot of confidence.

Airdrie gradually got a grasp of the game and grew into it and scored when on top, it was deserved at the time but we kept going and was a decent equaliser from Otoo.

Going in HT 1-1 was a fair result.

Our second goal was a peach, was crying out for people to take some shots from further out and make sure to hit the target as their keeper looked very suspect and really happy for Allan, I’m not his biggest fan but he did really well today when he came on.

I have no real complaints about the Breen sending off, I’ve seen both incidents being yellows and on another day I’ve seen them not given cards, just unfortunate and disappointing to lose him for next week.

We moved seats to the front row of the NW at the request of my 7yo which made it a little difficult seeing some of the key bits of the game as I thought there were a few ‘sitters’ that didn’t go in.

Wighton looking clean through, Frizzel? for Airdrie who blasted over first half and don’t have a clue what happened at 2-1 when Airdrie didn’t score in that scramble.

It wasn’t pretty at times but with our squad as thin as it is, was great just to get that W and the three points.

Hopefully we get some players in this week coming.

P.S. for those that stayed a little after it was a nice touch for Meggle to get a photo organised with the team in front of the NW corner, something really small but went down well and possibly a small part of what they were discussing in that meeting earlier in the week.

• Upvote 5