Queens Park v Pars

Superally

Excellent performance and result.  Shout out to the defence and our young centre back pairing/keeper - keeping a clean sheet.  That was a really good result.

Watch McCann in the warm ups.  Guaranteed he smacks in a few belters with pure power.  For whatever reason in games his finesse isn’t quite there a lot of times.  Maybe psychological?  Today though - some strike when it mattered!

Given the number of key players missing, I'd have been more than happy with a draw. To get 3 - and well deserved at that - was fantastic. Perhaps our less pessimistic fans will start looking up the table now instead of fretting about being drawn into a relegation struggle.

Once we get Bene, Matty, Kane and Deniz back, we should be aiming for at least a play off spot.

2 hours ago, Eastendtales said:

We're a game in hand and 3 points from the top 4. 

As long as we're competitive this season I'll be happy. Nobody so far has made us look non competitive in the league.

Indeed, and in most games, we've come away disappointed with what we have taken away. I've said for weeks, it is early doors and teams are still settling, there is a long way to go yet but with the players we have missing and the performances we have put in, in most matches, then with a full squad, we are going to be a handful for any team in this league. 

Our fans are so pessimistic sometimes, even at 0-0 on Saturday, some of the shouts I was hearing were incredible despite us being on top and already having created chances. It's like folks default position is we're pish until proven otherwise. I'll happily admit that I thought before the game we would lose on Saturday but only because we were having to shift so much around to put a team out and with Hampden being so big, we might not have the right legs on the bench to change it. In the end though, all that happened was it proved what I said on here weeks ago about the adaptability of the squad. I should listen to my self more often...

6 hours ago, Digs said:

Indeed, and in most games, we've come away disappointed with what we have taken away. I've said for weeks, it is early doors and teams are still settling, there is a long way to go yet but with the players we have missing and the performances we have put in, in most matches, then with a full squad, we are going to be a handful for any team in this league. 

Our fans are so pessimistic sometimes, even at 0-0 on Saturday, some of the shouts I was hearing were incredible despite us being on top and already having created chances. It's like folks default position is we're pish until proven otherwise. I'll happily admit that I thought before the game we would lose on Saturday but only because we were having to shift so much around to put a team out and with Hampden being so big, we might not have the right legs on the bench to change it. In the end though, all that happened was it proved what I said on here weeks ago about the adaptability of the squad. I should listen to my self more often...

Some of the shouts aimed at Wighton first half were embarasing, just because he doesn't run about like a headless chicken doesn't mean he's lazy...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, lambo1885 said:

Some of the shouts aimed at Wighton first half were embarasing, just because he doesn't run about like a headless chicken doesn't mean he's lazy...

That's the ones I'm talking about. I had a go at a boy for just that. I had to move seats at HT, I couldn't listen to it any longer.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1