Transfer window

Al k

13 hours ago, Raymie said:

I would like to know what targets were set when Cook and the Germans came in and where we are against those. 
I’ll be asking that directly on the 30th 

If you get an answer Raymie chuck it up. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Raymie said:

I understand we don’t have much money but surely we need to take a calculated risk and bring in a few more,  as relegation would mean far more of a financial hit ? 

Think McKay stated last week that they still looking to bring in another defender and striker before the end of the window.

2 hours ago, Raymie said:

I understand we don’t have much money but surely we need to take a calculated risk and bring in a few more,  as relegation would mean far more of a financial hit ? 

Money has never been an issue, both Cook and McPake have said that in multiple windows. There absolutely budget there. He's also said he wants a defender and a striker in before the end of the window.

28 minutes ago, Digs said:

Money has never been an issue, both Cook and McPake have said that in multiple windows. There absolutely budget there. He's also said he wants a defender and a striker in before the end of the window.

Not disputing what you heard, Digs, but if there was little or no money to play with, would you expect the manager and Chairman to say we're skint? 

Am I right in thinking we still have no credit facilities, thanks to the excesses of the previous owners?

Eta. David Cook told fans at the pre Christmas meeting that we made a significant financial loss in League 1 last season.

Edited by GG Riva

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

Not disputing what you heard, Digs, but if there was little or no money to play with, would you expect the manager and Chairman to say we're skint? 

Am I right in thinking we still have no credit facilities, thanks to the excesses of the previous owners?

Eta. David Cook told fans at the pre Christmas meeting that we made a significant financial loss in League 1 last season.

Significant financial loss in League 1 if rumours are to be believed. Also a projected loss this year 2023/2024 too (again if rumours are to be believed). However, that's not to say it's losses that they were actually expecting and have plans in place to service any accumulated losses.

The problem is it's not actually been a real strength of the Board breaking down the details of their high level plans so fans can understand what's actually going on.

I think that's probably why certain shareholders are imploring attendance at the meeting on the 30th of January.

Tbh, I'm all for more transparency.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

It was in relation to a specific question about the board backing the manager and the answer, from the manager, that he has money but he’s also not going to spend it for the sake of it and he thought at the time he was happy with his squad. That’s how he’s answered it every time I’ve heard it asked.

Obviously, that situation is changed but I they’ve budgeted for a squad, they’ll have also budgeted for the window, but it will obviously need a bit more and he’s come out and said what he wants. 

To use your logic, why would he say he wants a defender and a striker before the end of the window if he knows there’s no budget for it?

• Upvote 1