Transfer window

Al k

36 minutes ago, Al k said:

Rovers sign a defender from St Johnstone, CBA googling the name no doubt has actually played some games and I'll get wound up.

James brown. 25 times more appearances than fagen-Walcott and Benjamin have combined.   Not a problem tho apparently 

Edited by parsforlife

1 minute ago, Secure Par said:

It really makes you think WTF is going on at the club… All money is deffo going in the Acadamy training facility.

Yea, it’s bizarre, by far the most important part of the football club is first team success and it looks like it’s being treated as second or third best. I can’t understand that thinking. We are spending money(hence the losses) but we aren’t spending it on the important areas of the club.

We need some experienced defenders and we need them now. 
Benedictus, Breen and Fisher won’t be back anytime soon 

tomorrow is the biggest game we will have played in almost two years. Lose that and the fans will be in meltdown 

Edited by Raymie

On 10/01/2024 at 09:47, Digs said:

. We are currently 4 points off the playoff, with a game in hand and playing the team currently in fourth on Saturday with 17 games to go. Realistic talk of relegation is knee jerk nonsense.

We're closer to the playoffs than we are relegation so people need to stop wetting their knickers and calm down. Our support is so bipolar it's ridiculous. Win a couple of games we're talking about catching 3rd, lose a couple then we're in a relegation battle. It's a crazy way of thinking. 

Is talk of relegation now realistic? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

If we are to stay up, then we will probably have to get a few in that are as good as the ones crocked. Only the board can save us now imo. Can't see McPake losing his job just yet. If we can't beat Arbroath, then I reckon we've had it for the season. Not winning in 8, is relegation waiting to happen. We need to finish above the Play Offs to survive.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Does Cook deal with all the transfers/agents?

He’s apparently part of the recruitment group of mcpake mackay meagle and himself but who actually has what role in that I don’t know.

Just now, kelty_par said:

With 2 rumoured signings to come in this week, with our recruitment I wouldn’t have much hopes of them being much good

It’s not a great scenario, I dream of it being a hardie/rusty combo but i fear reality is going to hit and we’re going to sign experience but not quality.

17 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

I seen on that pars community page that someone said that the money invested by the Germans isn't for transfers or wages? I would usually take it as gossip but was posted by the son of a director.

He’s a slaving hoor that boy, says a lot of things that are also not true. He was the one that started the thing about approaching John Robertson after Peter grant was sacked  

42 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

I seen on that pars community page that someone said that the money invested by the Germans isn't for transfers or wages? I would usually take it as gossip but was posted by the son of a director.

Even if it is, is that a bad thing? From our attendances and commercial endeavours we should have more than enough money for transfers and wages to have a side challenging for the top of the championship. If the Germans are then investing in the infrastructure is that a bad thing? 

• Upvote 2

What i worry about isn’t them not investing in the first team, it’s that funds look to have been directed away from it to fund the ‘project’  2nd biggest attendances in the division and just received our highest ever transfer fee yet we are playing a team of kids, that’s not right.

• Upvote 3