Queens Park v The Pars

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

I don't think he's suggesting for one second Jak is "at it"

Genuine slip of the tongue. He probably meant he's not sure how serious his injury was.

1 hour ago, livipar2 said:

That’s my reading of it.

Probably a slip of the tongue as in doesn't know if it's one that will keep him out of the team or if not "chancing it" means Jakubiak is available for the next game...

15 hours ago, Superally said:

I think this is a very valid question, I'm not sure if the personal involved in leading conditioning / physio have changed from last season. Equally we skipped through last season with a  minimum of injury so the training and conditioning I guess are much the same?. This season is just horrendous, I cant recall any other season like it. I think there is an argument to say if we had a reasonably fit squad we would still be good for mid table and up till the Raith game we were fourth. However the number of injuries especially long term are drawing into a vulnerable situation. At the beginning of December we had players coming back and I don't think we had to strengthen much. We are in danger were like two seasons ago of being sucked down and losing momentum. Now I think this is more of a massive test for the board than the management.   

I'd be amazed if McPake and his backroom staff abandoned the training methods which served them so well last season, when we had only a handful of significant injuries, and embraced one which produces serious injuries in game after game.

They'd have to be completely crazy to persist with it if that was the case,

For obvious reasons I'm wanting Rovers and Utd to win today. There's still time for it to change, but table is tight as. I wouldn't think training would have anything to do with injuries, as has been mentioned above. Although I'd rather when Saturday comes, I'd prefer we play young guys like Sutherland from the start, rather than injury carrying players.

IMG_20240106_162709.jpg

Edited by scottyboy
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Can’t keep relying on other results going our way. Top 4 is unrealistic now, mental we could’ve been a few points clear if we held on at ayr and now we are 4 points off it now.

I know its been a pretty grim week but how can top 4 possibly be unrealistic? You said yourself we're only 4 behind Airdrie with a game in hand and we play them next week. January. 17 games left. You only have to look at Morton to see how a teams fortunes can be transformed in a couple of months. 

We'd be as well jacking it in with an attitude like that

Edited by da_no_1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I know its been a pretty grim week but how can top 4 possibly be unrealistic? You said yourself we're only 4 behind Airdrie with a game in hand and we play them next week. January. 17 games left. You only have to look at Morton to see how a teams fortunes can be transformed in a couple of months. 

We'd be as well jacking it in with an attitude like that

With an injury list like ours I’m struggling to see where the next win is coming from. Looks like our fortunes might turn around if signings get made. 0 wins in last 5 games too. Overall a bleak picture and games in hand mean nothing it’s points on the board which count

6 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

With an injury list like ours I’m struggling to see where the next win is coming from. Looks like our fortunes might turn around if signings get made. 0 wins in last 5 games too. Overall a bleak picture and games in hand mean nothing it’s points on the board which count

I get that but do you honestly think there's absolutely no chance our form might improve even slightly between now and May?

Even as soon as next week, do we have zero chance against Airdrie at home? None?