Queens Park v The Pars

The Pars head to Hampden on Friday, but alas this is on league business, but at least it will be on the BBC. After a traumatic game against leaders Raith Rovers the only gain was the injury list with a horrific facial injury to Fisher and knee injury to Breen. The Physio room will be packed out and the new additions will be joining Bene Todd, Tod, KRH, McCann, Wighton and Allan. I’m having difficulty thinking of a season where injuries have been as bad as this. While the Jan transfer window is open, I get the Impression that McPake’s Raith post-match comments he is looking for cover but Friday may be too soon. Queens Park continue to be managerless and currently don’t have their problems to seek either with no wins in their last ten matches they sit in bottom spot with 14 pts. In our previous game the Pars ran out 2-0 winners with McCann scoring both one of which was a stunning free kick. It’s quite amazing and remarkable given our injuries that the Pars have the second best defence in the league, however they have only managed two clean sheets. Offensively, we are only average but scoring goals is still an issue. The defeat to Raith was not ideal but the Pars did show some resilience, but we are not clinical enough. McPake must be having nightmares with a team held together with sticking plaster but I think we may have enough to earn a narrow 2-1 win. COYP

• Upvote 1

Think it's important that we get three points from this one.

Imagine the defence will be pretty much what finished yesterdays game which is far from ideal, wonder if Sam Young will get recalled from his loan to boost numbers.

Wouldn't mind seeing the young lad Sutherland starting up top.

Also Owen Moffat will score as the games on TV

Edited by the saline hill puma
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

Imagine the defence will be pretty much what finished yesterdays game which is far from ideal, wonder if Sam Young will get recalled from his loan to boost numbers.

😀  Moffat is another Zibi Boniek. Juve's President nicknamed him "Beautiful at night" because he reserved his best performances for the European midweek cup ties under floodlights followed by some anonymous performances in domestic games at weekends. 

Back on topic, 3 pts would be great and maybe expected by most Pars fans as QP are on a horrendous run, but depending on the team we can put out, a draw might be a decent result. I think it's a game we must not lose.

1 hour ago, the saline hill puma said:

Think Sam young is injured the now too. Unfair to chuck him in anyway into this situation if the young lads aren’t quite ready. Hopefully signings soon to help out. I’d rather see Sutherland start after wightons display yesterday, least they’d be more movement at a minimum. Also agree it’s bordering on a must win to get us out the wee rut we find ourselves in

Two big games against them this month. As long as they don't gain on us is the main thing.

One thing I know about supporting the pars is if a team need points and haven't won in an age then we are the team to play.

At lot going against us at the moment and low mood at EEP between the game yesterday, injuries and those idiots with the poor lad yesterday. 

Feels a bit like damage limitation at the moment. Hopefully we can do the business this Friday and come the next game a few new bodies in and back for the 2nd game. 

19 hours ago, kelty_par said:

Think Sam young is injured the now too. Unfair to chuck him in anyway into this situation if the young lads aren’t quite ready. Hopefully signings soon to help out. I’d rather see Sutherland start after wightons display yesterday, least they’d be more movement at a minimum. Also agree it’s bordering on a must win to get us out the wee rut we find ourselves in

I'd think it unlikely we recall Sam. He's not been injured, he's been ill. If he comes back to us, unless it's to start it's a waste of time. The long game is his development and he is playing 90 mins every week. I wouldn't put him in the same bracket as Sutherland as he wasn't starting every week, so he's as well sitting on our bench as theirs.

We do only have two free loan slots, unless Sharpe goes back as I think he was only signed for 6 months anyway. so unless we are going after free agents we really need to ensure anyone we bring in is going to be able to play every week or it's a waste of a slot.

Wighton is clearly not fit, but again, is putting a shift in for the team, something he has done before and something a lot of folk don't seem to appreciate, they'd rather slate the guy and ignore any good stuff he does do.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Digs said:

I'd think it unlikely we recall Sam. He's not been injured, he's been ill. If he comes back to us, unless it's to start it's a waste of time. The long game is his development and he is playing 90 mins every week. I wouldn't put him in the same bracket as Sutherland as he wasn't starting every week, so he's as well sitting on our bench as theirs.

We do only have two free loan slots, unless Sharpe goes back as I think he was only signed for 6 months anyway. so unless we are going after free agents we really need to ensure anyone we bring in is going to be able to play every week or it's a waste of a slot.

Wighton is clearly not fit, but again, is putting a shift in for the team, something he has done before and something a lot of folk don't seem to appreciate, they'd rather slate the guy and ignore any good stuff he does do.

Quite worrying tbh if a a young lad is missing for 6 weeks with illness, whatever it is hope he gets better soon.

I think any recall would be a temporary sticking plaster with the plan to re-loan him later in the month, shouldn't impact him too much long term if that's a worked plan.

On a technicality, we have 3 loan slots, moffat doesn't count, same with any other loan from outside scotland if we make one. I would send sharp back which I think makes it worth bringing in a loan who your not 100% certain will be a starter without worrying about lack of loan spots.  Not that parent clubs would be very happy for that to happen and I believe its common for loan agreements to be set up to financially incentivise playing the loaned player. 

33 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Quite worrying tbh if a a young lad is missing for 6 weeks with illness, whatever it is hope he gets better soon.

I think any recall would be a temporary sticking plaster with the plan to re-loan him later in the month, shouldn't impact him too much long term if that's a worked plan.

On a technicality, we have 3 loan slots, moffat doesn't count, same with any other loan from outside scotland if we make one. I would send sharp back which I think makes it worth bringing in a loan who your not 100% certain will be a starter without worrying about lack of loan spots.  Not that parent clubs would be very happy for that to happen and I believe its common for loan agreements to be set up to financially incentivise playing the loaned player. 

It’s nothing sinister as far as I’m aware, he’s back training and also trains with us.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Heard that Otoo and summers are on the injury list for tomorrow too. Never ending the now 

I'm not surprised by that being mentioned, summers took a knock against rovers and is not used to playing 90 mins at this level, He'd have been subbed if we had the depth to bring on, we didn't and a risk of not being able to play future games is always there when your forced to make that decision.

Otoo similar, I find it difficult to believe anyone in an ideal scenario is taking a player who wasn't fit to play at all would choose to play them 90 mins 3 days later.

McPake has been fairly open this week that guys are playing through knocks due to others being unavailable, that comes with consequences. 

Edited by parsforlife
  • Upvote 1