Queens Park v The Pars

Aye, I never have and never will be ashamed or embarrassed to be a Pars fan. 

I'm sure whoever plays for us tomorrow night will give it everything. 

Imagine Taylor/Jake being told their first start for the Pars will be live on TV at the national stadium. They'll be absolutely flying!

COYP ❤️👍

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Pars win. 

Just to add, f*ck all those clubs supporters hating on us just now. I'm not ashamed on my club, never will be. 

Exactly this.  Mind all the hate they got when the Rovers signed Goodwillie, but now they’re everyone’s favourite cuddly wee team.   It’ll pass soon enough and some other club will be getting the ire of the offended.  What happened was ghastly and utterly reprehensible- but not much better was some of the petty point scoring and glorification in victimhood that was all over social media.   

Back to trying to make the right headlines on the pitch, hopefully characterised by “depleted Pars crush Queens Park”…!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Raymie said:

Queens have been much better since they changed manager recently. Add to that out ever growing injury list and a draw would be a decent result 

No they haven't, they've seen no discernable upturn in fortune and are by a distance the worst team in the league. I'm not sure a draw is a good result at all tbh. With our injury list if we're not beating Queens Park then who are we beating? It's vital we get points against the weaker sides because it's going to be even tougher against the stronger ones atm. 

10 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Wighton didnt look his usual self on Tuesday so he might be carrying an injury. I can see a Home win coming up. 

The one time I seen him sprint the other day he was holding his hamstring after. I think he might be carrying an injury.

2 hours ago, livipar2 said:

And if Miller Fenton can’t get a game as a LCB tonight what’s the point in having him?

He's a full back and has never played centre back to my knowledge. 

31 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

The one time I seen him sprint the other day he was holding his hamstring after. I think he might be carrying an injury.

He is, but no, he's just lazy apparently...🙄

1 hour ago, Digs said:

He's a full back and has never played centre back to my knowledge. 

He is, but no, he's just lazy apparently...🙄

Tbh I have watched him(not booed or anything) and thought is body language was poor and he wasnt interested in getting stuck in with work rate. But watching him closer the other night its pretty clear he isnt fully fit(probably with a hamstring injury) and might have re-occuring injuries which means he can't run about solidly down channels for 90 mins. It's probably why he prefers to come deeper to get the ball and try and fire it into space or win us a freekick to get us up the park. He has also missed a few chances where I think a sharper Wighton would score. One against ayr where he hit the goalkeeper from only 5 yards out and one against rovers where he couldnt react quick enough to hit a shot after the ball bounces to him.

I'm in two minds to go tonight. The team could do with encouragment more than anthing else with players playing with injuries and virus's etc. Kind of hoping the fans back the team rather than getting on their back if theres a sloppy pass or we are under pressure.

4 hours ago, livipar2 said:

If Otoo, Summers and Wighton are injured we must be getting close to not being able to field a team?

Mehmet

MOH - Comrie-Hamilton - Fenton - Edwards

Allan-Chalmers

Moffat

Sutherland - Jakubaik 

1 hour ago, Fifes Elite said:

Tbh I have watched him(not booed or anything) and thought is body language was poor and he wasnt interested in getting stuck in with work rate. But watching him closer the other night its pretty clear he isnt fully fit(probably with a hamstring injury) and might have re-occuring injuries which means he can't run about solidly down channels for 90 mins. It's probably why he prefers to come deeper to get the ball and try and fire it into space or win us a freekick to get us up the park. He has also missed a few chances where I think a sharper Wighton would score. One against ayr where he hit the goalkeeper from only 5 yards out and one against rovers where he couldnt react quick enough to hit a shot after the ball bounces to him.

I'm in two minds to go tonight. The team could do with encouragment more than anthing else with players playing with injuries and virus's etc. Kind of hoping the fans back the team rather than getting on their back if theres a sloppy pass or we are under pressure.

He's playing there as that's what he's asked to do. I went to a thing at East End and McPake spoke about him dropping into the hole to both leave gaps and occupy defenders but also try and drag midfielders out of position as it's an area where the responsibility for doing that becomes unclear, whilst picking up short balls to get the ball moving through the lines. When he plays, most of the moves going forward start with him. Even when fit, he's never going to run the channels and I wish folk would get that. 

On the missed chances, I agree he's missed a few recently, but I also think like you that it's lack of sharpness as he is without doubt the best finisher at the club. It's also worth saying that when a striker gets so few chances in the box, any he does miss are going to be amplified. 

I was thinking about going, but going to give it a miss and watch it on TV. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I'm a big fan of Wighton but if we're asking (at times) our lone striker to drop so deep, it's concerning a bit. We're scunnereed for goals, I'd be happier to see us being a bit more direct in our home games at least. 

I think Jak is decent too, but I see them both as "secondary" or support forwards, whatever, rather than all out goal scorers. Finding someone that's the perfect foil for either of these two would be brilliant.

• Like 1