The Arabs v The Pars

After two frustrating weeks of postponements the Pars are on the road to face Dundee Utd at Tanadice. I think its fair to say that everyone will be glad of a game but perhaps it’s not ideal playing the league leaders at this time. The positives is the that the Pars will have more options in terms of injuries as some players will have benefited from the enforced rest. There are still plenty of long-term injuries however that we are all far too familiar with and I wont dwell upon. With the Jan Transfer window still open there is hope that perhaps we may see another signing in addition to defender Malachli Fagan-Walcott. McPake has been widely quoted as being after another defender and forward. The Arabs are in top spot with a superior goal difference, they currently have the best attacking and defending stats in the league and have continued to strengthen in this transfer window. Pervious games have been close with the Pars being frustrated by an extra time equaliser in our season opener and narrowly succumbing to a 1-2 defeat where Moffat netted for the Pars. Undoubtedly the Pars are in a weaker position from last time given injuries and match fitness albeit the Arabs also missed out last week. While I want to see a more competitive performance sadly, I think home advantage and the more consistent team will earn a home 2-1 win.  Still COYP

31 minutes ago, buspasspar said:

Although the 2 postponements have benefited us in terms of recovery from injury Its not great having to play the top team without a competitive game ..  I would take a draw right now .. COYP

A draw would be a cracking result, I wouldn't mind losing but I really want to see a more competitive performance as opposed to our last two outings albeit they were impacted by injury

• Upvote 2

Pumping incoming I reckon. Would have nice to have this player we were close to bringing in nearly two weeks ago.

Only other story has been a negative since. Wasn't expecting much this season but even being midtable we've managed to still turn this is into a pretty rubbish season so far. 

Queue a victory now iv said that. COYP's

I think we'll give a reasonable account of ourselves against them. I still believe McPake is capable of preparing a team, making tactical changes during games and lifting a team at half time. I'll go for a cautious draw, 2-2  each. 

• Upvote 1