The Arabs v The Pars

We have to build on that result today. We have three home games against Morton, Queens Park and Arbroath next. I think the Morton game will be tough as they are a team in form. But there is no harm in being optimistic and looking to take all 9points. COYP

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Superally said:

We have to build on that result today. We have three home games against Morton, Queens Park and Arbroath next. I think the Morton game will be tough as they are a team in form. But there is no harm in being optimistic and looking to take all 9points. COYP

Agreed, we should be able to get more of the ball in these games and if we add a bit going forward to the solid defence then 9 points is achievable.

Today was a really well fought point, yes united had a lot of the ball but until the final minutes they couldn’t get a shot on goal and the twice they did mehmet and edwards came up with real quality to ensure we kept a clean sheet.

Fantastic result today,stops the rot. United might just be happy with the result, given Rovers scoreline. It's like the pressure is getting to both now, regarding their form. They say it's tough at the top too 😆

IMG_20240127_181813.jpg

Edited by scottyboy
Morton looked like relegation candidates last month. Look at them now

Great result I didn't see coming. Shame that the results of the other teams have been good for the 3rd game week in a row.

Point further ahead of Queens and Arbroath. I'll take that, from what I managed to watch midfield forwards still a massive concern. Some horrible passing and wrong choices made upfront. Missed Wighton's chance.

Three big games coming up and a timely boost. 

2 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Great point away from home considering our circumstances. Could have nicked a win and Wighton should have finished that but hey ho and hope the team build on this for next week. 

Think your being a bit harsh on Wighton saying he should have finished it, he got into a good area but it's a tight angle to score from and he had the goalie and defender between him and goal from the cut back. He hit the ball to the only area he could and was unlucky it caught the wrong side of the post 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

Think your being a bit harsh on Wighton saying he should have finished it, he got into a good area but it's a tight angle to score from and he had the goalie and defender between him and goal from the cut back. He hit the ball to the only area he could and was unlucky it caught the wrong side of the post 

Will agree to disagree there as he’s a box finisher. 

Highlights up now. Saw the major bits I missed. Fisher and Edwards stopping good United chances and what a save that was from Memhet. Fisher, Otto and Hamilton all had great game sweeping everything up around them.

Very unlucky for Wighton chance, keepers good positioning left such a small gap to hit that into. Great passing movement from the team for a Hamilton chance that was blocked. If McCann had a few games under his belt he'd have possible taken his chance when he was put through. 

Play like that our next few games and we should be clear. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4