Who is to blame for the rot at EEP?

Who's to blame?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is to blame for the current state of the club?

Theres no-one looking good in any of this.

Manager refusing to change a system that's worked in about three games this season. Early cup exits again, failure to improve a midfield and attack that were shocking in league 1. Only Bene, fisher, hamilton and Otto have been good signings at this level can't judge KRH. Moffat, summers and O'Halloran playing out of postiton. Some absolutely abysmal football thrown in. It's as bad as Grant was, at least with Hughes we got some goals I hardly argue he's better any better than those two since December. I would have never thought I'd be calling for the manager but no win next week its over, you could argue tonight but remembering this board didn't actually sack Hughes I can't see him going anywhere unless he walks. 

Cook I'm not sure about, appear to be outperformed off the field not only by rovers but also Ayr managed to bring in £2m covering major work for a stand and a small profit figures don't include the big sale in the summer. Completely lost touch with fans now. Wasn't here when we first went down and did improve things last year but does appear to go missing when its bad.

Meggle what is he actually bringing? DoF do make me laugh. Cardle, Witherspoon and Mcgowan all collectively have practically spent a whole season here without signing and countless other failures to bring in quality while some questionable contract extensions. Wighton and McCann I understand as they looked to be kicking on but Mehmet and the extra year for Chalmers.  The academy/training building is coming across a complete joke at the moment 

The players McCann has withered into a shell after the Rovers keeper bumped him after that penalty miss in the cup game. Summers, Chalmers, Moffat, Allen and Wighton can't or won't tackle.

Reserve team are regularly getting pumped but I suspect the team are playing a level above where they should be. Lost Shields now too.

I'm always a bit pessimistic but is there actually anything positive at the club?

Think it time to actually hear what was discussed at this meeting. Long rant but that's how I'm seeing everything at this moment. 

Edited by Al k
Few spelling mistakes and prob loads still.

Board, management and players, in that order . Sack McPake and we still go down. I reckon McPake knows we're done, unless guys get back to fitness. I know fa about football, but he needs these guys back, or suitable replacements. I wonder if the board ask him, can we stay up with the current guys who are fit?

If we can get the “2 experienced players” in this week and start getting a few players back then it’s not all doom and gloom.

We need to get Otoo and Hamilton back into the middle to give us a bit of fight and presence that might allow the likes of Moffat and Summers to create.

Blame sits with the Board and the lack of investment in signings. Not just this window either but this window has been shambolic.

Deniz

Edwards Breen Bene Fisher KRH

Otoo Hamilton Summers/Todd

Wighton/Jak

How many times has the manager been able to put out a semblance of his best team?

1 hour ago, kelty_par said:

Summed it up for me yesterday when I was in hospitality, going to the toilet I hear a player asking the commercial manager if there was a box free to watch the game as they didn’t want to sit outside to watch the game! I mean wtf is that all about? 

Can you blame them, KP. Last week, I counted 10 players sitting just in front me, most of whom are injured and would walk straight into the team. They had to sit there, helpless, as their team mates were given a real roasting and listen to angry fans giving vent to their feelings. 

Maybe they wanted to avoid a repeat?

I think that’s exactly it: we’re in a “perfect storm” situation and there is no way out in the short term. I don’t think any knee jerk fix will save our season. Fingers crossed we survive relegation but I think we may just have to put a brave face on things, accept that this season has been a disaster in so many ways ……… and hope that lessons have been learned for the future.

The manager is going nowhere. No matter what happens they will blame this season's outcome on injuries. I am 62 and have followed the Pars all my life. I get angry and annoyed at results etc. Look what is happening in the world right now. If worrying about football is your biggest worry then you have it easy.

1 hour ago, Andycarp said:

The manager is going nowhere. No matter what happens they will blame this season's outcome on injuries. I am 62 and have followed the Pars all my life. I get angry and annoyed at results etc. Look what is happening in the world right now. If worrying about football is your biggest worry then you have it easy.

Agreed

Albeit we all know that even the most sensible people in the world can turn mental when it comes to football🤣. From all my time following the pars theres always been an air of desperation and nervousness. Either trying to get promoted, stave off relagation, clamour to get to a cup final or europe. We have hardly ever had a season where there wasnt that desperation there for some reason.

There are far more important things in the world....but in saying that it does take up more of my thinking capacity than it should.

• Upvote 2