Will there be thrills at Firhill? Jags v Pars

Superally

31 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

Thought the weight looked off their shoulders last 30-40 minutes. Looked like a different team.

Think we can beat ICT on Tuesday now.

Win that and we are well on our way. Rode our luck massively but we needed it. As you say the last 30 minutes was a completely different team to what we have saw past three games.

Never saw that coming. What a difference having a midfield that can press the opposition and can make runs to get forward. Matty Todd is just too important to the team, as is having Otoo in midfield he was MOTM tonight absolutely solid. Kane again with another great shift upfront. Got away with the 2 offside calls but need a bit of luck, hopefully it’s the start of a wee run of wins 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Never saw that coming. What a difference having a midfield that can press the opposition and can make runs to get forward. Matty Todd is just too important to the team, as is having Otoo in midfield he was MOTM tonight absolutely solid. Kane again with another great shift upfront. Got away with the 2 offside calls but need a bit of luck, hopefully it’s the start of a wee run of wins 

Spot on mate. Otoo and Todd winning midfield changed us. It made Paul Allan better too.

Great performance all considering.

First half, we played well in spells but left a lot of gaps for Thistle to find, bit frustrating. But we were competitive which is the first time I think I can say that for ages. 

Aye we needed some luck tonight but what team doesn't at times? 

Walcott I thought played well, Otoo was fantastic throughout. Todd was a sensation, and shout out to Allan who looked decent, also putting in some great set plays.

I hope we can build some momentum from this and stay clear of further injuries. Having a strong bench clearly helped too.

• Upvote 1

Certainly thought we would puck up zilch so very pleased with outcome . Agreed Otoo put in a shift. When did we last score from a corner - Allan’s deliveries from corners were really good , I dont think he wasted one, where has he been hiding that skill ?

• Upvote 1

Allan played well, beside Otoo and with Todd as well, that's a much better mixture. His set pieces have always been pretty decent but he seems to be further developing them which is good to see. It would be great to have one of the centre backs return (especially Bene or Fisher) so we could use Hamilton in the middle as well, but if Paul can keep up that level that will be a good problem for McPake to think about.

• Upvote 2

I wasn`t optimistic before the game, or even at halftime, truth be told, but in these situations, I like to engage in a bit of strawclutchery;

1. We`ve picked up more points away from home both this and last season.
2. There`s no such thing as a certainty in football, so there are no poor bookies.
3. "It`s a f@nny old game, Saint" - Jimmy Greaves. 😁

• Upvote 1

I thought we merited the win. Maybe if the Thistle goal had stood to make it 2-2 it would have been a different outcome but when have we had any luck recently?

Thought the first ‘offside’ goal was indeed offside and also Robinson should have been sent off. So the ref wasn’t as biased to us as the BBC tried to make out.

Highlight of the night was Benjamins goal celebration - love seeing a reaction like that!!

• Upvote 2

I thought Benji, Holmes and McCann all struggled last night, despite one scoring, one hitting the post and the other hitting a decent fee kick.

We go into a Tue/Sat/Tue/Sat run of games, we need everyone being ready to kick on from here now.

How good was it being able to bring on Moffat, Jak and Welch? Makes a huge difference when you can bring on a little bit of quality. 

• Upvote 1