Will there be thrills at Firhill? Jags v Pars

Superally

The Pars will be heading to Firhill on Friday evening with the hope of a thrill, indeed I might even take a mild titillation. After two capitulating performances at least they managed to grab a single point from Arbroath, Ideally opportunities were there to perhaps take all three. Firhill is always a been a bit of a bogey ground for the Pars and our last visit we were dumped 3-0 and our last encounter at EEP we faired slightly better losing by a single goal 1-2 with Todd scoring the Pars goal in the dying minutes. There is a slight expectation that Todd may feature again for this fixture along with one other from the protracted injury list but in any case, I think these players will be nursed back and will only feature from the bench. As for the “fabled” loan signing - who knows. Partick are a strong third in the table and while not the best defensively they are joint top scorers. The Pars - well if we have a clean sheet we might have a chance but we will probably have to take out Brian Graham with a sniper shot from the stand. Still being away our form is slightly better, If we come away with point it will be well earned. COYP

(Mildly) interesting that Thistles' only 2 league wins this year have been a 3-2 over QP and a 4-0 scudding of Arbroath. Recent draws with Inverness and Airdrie might give us a wee bit hope that Friday might not be a total lost cause. 

Brian Graham v our central "defence" still gives me the absolute fear tho.

I'm expecting a 2 or 3 goal defeat but hoping we can repeat the effort up at Tannadice a few weeks ago. 

13 hours ago, Legend85 said:

as it stands 3-0 or 4-0 partick it worries me that some folk are taking a draw against the bottom team as a positive.

While your reasoning is perfectly logical and understandable, I hope neither the management team nor the players are wedded to it.

"If you think you can win, you might.

If you think you might lose, you've lost".....

I'm clutching at the straw which has seen us pick up more away points than home, both this season and last......

There have been some weird results in the Championship this season with plenty of unexpected outcomes favouring the unfancied team. It only takes the Jags to be having an off day and we might just squeak it. But I have to confess that this is hope triumphing over expectation. Who knows though?

37 minutes ago, Yorkiepar said:

There have been some weird results in the Championship this season with plenty of unexpected outcomes favouring the unfancied team. It only takes the Jags to be having an off day and we might just squeak it. But I have to confess that this is hope triumphing over expectation. Who knows though?

Have any of those results went our way? 

1 hour ago, Eastendtales said:

Fully expecting a complete doing. Will avoid this once again, its not enjoyable in any way watching us right now.

If we get Ashcroft in beforehand, I'll consider it but for now, I'm out.

I'm the same, even the dog leaves the room when I put the "highlights" on.

See how I feel before kick off.

43 minutes ago, Al k said:

https://dafc.co.uk/manager-previews-partick-thistle-match-2/

Even less confident, not sure if its me being overly negative but that whole article is a honking update and soundbites.

Club planning to update on the new director at any point?

I hear you. Good news that we could have both Matty and Jakubiak in the squad on Saturday. Two good players to come off the bench alongside the likes of young Holmes who I’d give a longer run to this week as his movement has looked good and the short spells he’s had. Can’t be any worse than empty shirt McCann.