Will there be thrills at Firhill? Jags v Pars

Superally

26 minutes ago, Superally said:

Can only think they will appear from the bench but it will be great to see them back

Perhaps if we could put out a team with a fighting chance without Matty and Jak, but we're down to the bare bones and these two will undoubtedly improve our chances of taking something from the game. If they tell the manager they feel ready to start - they'll start. 

13 hours ago, parsforlife said:

They can have the game of there lives on saturday, its not going to get us anything.

Friday on the other hand... 🙂

Auto pilot - I'm going as well 🤣

13 hours ago, Raymie said:

It will take Todd more games to get up to speed than Jakubiak, I’d say? 
We need to be really careful with how we manage Todd’s game time. 
would be a real asset if we can get him 100% match fit for the last 8 games 

Neither will start but 15-20 mins to go I'd expect them both to come on.

It really all depends on what Pars team turns up, the one that played Utd, or the one that played QP. 

I don't think they are miles ahead of us, IF we play to our full abilities. At home, we should've beat them and although they gubbed us 3-0 away, I don't think that necessarily tells the story of the game. Sharp chucked two in, and defensively we were rotten but on the ball, I thought we did OK and we missed some great chances at crucial times. 

I do think we will lose tonight, given recent form, but we are more than capable of a result too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Digs said:

It really all depends on what Pars team turns up, the one that played Utd, or the one that played QP. 

I don't think they are miles ahead of us, IF we play to our full abilities. At home, we should've beat them and although they gubbed us 3-0 away, I don't think that necessarily tells the story of the game. Sharp chucked two in, and defensively we were rotten but on the ball, I thought we did OK and we missed some great chances at crucial times. 

I do think we will lose tonight, given recent form, but we are more than capable of a result too.

The big difference between now and the game at Dundee, is that we had Fisher available and that allowed Hamilton to move to midfield. Otoo and FW done well either side of Fisher. 

If we go with the same central pairing as last week, I do fear that Brian Graham will have a easy evening.

Game day and we can see how the Pars patchwork defence fairs against a dangerous Partick frontline lead by Brian Graham. There’s good news that there are 3 players available but it seems that another has fallen to the injury curse.

This is going to be a very difficult evening for the Pars, probably best watched from behind the sofa. Hard times but we will get through this, eventually.

2 hours ago, the saline hill puma said:

The big difference between now and the game at Dundee, is that we had Fisher available and that allowed Hamilton to move to midfield. Otoo and FW done well either side of Fisher. 

If we go with the same central pairing as last week, I do fear that Brian Graham will have a easy evening.

I don't think we will. He'll either put Hamilton in there like we finished last week or FW in the middle with the new guy on the right and Otoo on the left. Or He'll go with a four of Edwards, Otoo, Fagan- Walcott, and Welch-Hayes on the right (or vice versa on the right hand side). I can't see Benjamin starting tbh.