Inverness v The Pars

Superally

Looking at that table, ourselves and ICT seems to draw a lot of games, which is probably why we stuck down that end. We really need to bring Ayr back into the thick of it by taking maximum points of them. Airdrie have the luxury of a couple of games in hand over most and we have one. 4 points would be a decent return over the next 2 home games. I see Ross Millen has been released by Rovers. I'd take him in a heartbeat, as he is used to winning, playing in a better team than ours. 

IMG_20240228_140449.jpg

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

I see Ross Millen has been released by Rovers. I'd take him in a heartbeat, as he is used to winning, playing in a better team than ours. 

I think Ross Millen would be a decent shout, but he was terribly targeted and unnecessarily so by the boo-boys in our crowd when he was here as a youngster. However has done well for himself since he has left but there is no chance he would return. I'm sure he will have other options.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Superally said:

I think Ross Millen would be a decent shout, but he was terribly targeted and unnecessarily so by the boo-boys in our crowd when he was here as a youngster. However has done well for himself since he has left but there is no chance he would return. I'm sure he will have other options.

He was just a young laddie flung into our team after admin. Took a decent free kick and never scared to take a penalty. Think a few wouldn't want him back, probably because they might not like him. He gives 100% and he good enough to play for us.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

He was just a young laddie flung into our team after admin. Took a decent free kick and never scared to take a penalty. Think a few wouldn't want him back, probably because they might not like him. He gives 100% and he good enough to play for us.

Is he better than Comrie? Or even Miles? Not for me. 

1 hour ago, scottyboy said:

. I see Ross Millen has been released by Rovers. I'd take him in a heartbeat, as he is used to winning, playing in a better team than ours. 

IMG_20240228_140449.jpg

Eh? One season playing for a good Raith team (who have done absolutely fine sinse he left) and now he's a winner? Whereas last season when Raith finished seventh what was he then? 

He's a league one standard player, Raith aren't where they are because of Ross Millen, they are where they are because of there attacking prowess. 

4 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

In summary, goals seem quite important...

Helps when you create chances. 

5 hours ago, Digs said:

There were plenty of people saying before the game that they would have taken a point. I personally don't think it was a terrible result either though, particularly not a terrible result in isolation.

However, we showed more than enough at Partick on Friday to suggest that was a winnable game.

Aye, because plenty people have it in there head that "Inverness is a difficult place to go", for whatever reason that may be. 

3 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

I'd say he is. Mibbae Raith will come in with a bid for Comrie, just to guarantee them the title.

The only two positions where I wouldn't say Raith are better is at both the full back positions, Millen and Dick aren't any betterm

They've already brought in another right back, with who they've then beaten Dundee United and Ayr, then kept a clean sheet against Morton. 

Hear me out, they don't miss Ross Millen. 

8 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Shows how skewed the xG stats can be then, as we are the 3rd lowest scorers in the league 

I'm a massive beleiver in it tbf. 

18 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Interestingly, we have the 3rd highest xG in the league at home and 2nd best away from home.  

However not with footystats, I had a look at them earlier in the season and they didn't look like a very reputable data collection company, there way of calculating xG is just wrong and odd. 

Last night was never going to be a continuation of Friday. We got a couple of big bits of luck which had a massive part in how the game ended up. It might've gave us a wee bit confidence for a couple of days but the flaws in the way we play & the players we still have missing AND Kane being out as well meant, for me, that last night was a decent point. No more than that.

48 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Last night was never going to be a continuation of Friday. We got a couple of big bits of luck which had a massive part in how the game ended up. It might've gave us a wee bit confidence for a couple of days but the flaws in the way we play & the players we still have missing AND Kane being out as well meant, for me, that last night was a decent point. No more than that.

Agree regarding with players missing, as soon as we get a CB back it’ll be Hamilton straight into midfield. Doesn’t say much when we have a CB on the bench and would still rather Hamilton there. Kane coming back Saturday is huge and hopefully KRH is back this weekend or Tuesday night