Inverness v The Pars

Superally

We'll agree to differ. It was marginal but I thought they offered nothing going forward in the 2nd half whereas they showed glimpses of attacking threat in the 1st.

And (to TAP) I've literally said that I wouldn't have changed the shape - and I would have kept Summers on (unless he was carrying an injury). I've also not disagreed that we were less of an attacking threat in the 2nd half. 

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis

Draw wouldn't have been so bad, but every team around have gained 2pt on us.

Kane was a massive loss for us. Now another attacking option down. I hope to god the team that finished game aren't the starting 11 on Saturday.  

Had all the other teams round about us not gotten their inexplicable results that they did, this would have been seen as a decent point, with the added bonus of a clean sheet. 

The game itself was eye-wateringly poor. Not because we were necessarily terrible, I think we stuck to a game plan of being solid, but both teams showed very little creativity which made it a terrible game to watch. Whomever scored first was going to win that game.

Great save from Mehmet for the penalty but another hard luck story for Jakubiak who again did everything right until the finish. Other than that, I can't think of any chances. 

One thing I will say is that Inverness definitely played not to get beat. In the second half, we struggled to break them down as they had 8 men behind the ball at all times. I thought Chalmers made a difference in terms of getting balls into the box, and it also allowed Edwards to get forward more, but whilst people have been screaming for a back 4 for ages, I think it completely hamstrings Edwards and Welch Hayes, who I thought looked pretty decent. They were both forced into a lot of long balls though, and it was frustrating given there was only one out ball in Jakubiak. Young Holmes did a lot of running but barely kept the ball once.

All in all, I'll take a point, but two huge games coming up against rivals who have both picked up huge results tonight.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Digs said:

Had all the other teams round about us not gotten their inexplicable results that they did, this would have been seen as a decent point, 

Is it though? An Inverness side who haven't won at home since November, with a crippling injury list? It's not awful but I'd also stop quite a way short of calling it decent. 

5 minutes ago, Grant said:

Is it though? An Inverness side who haven't won at home since November, with a crippling injury list? It's not awful but I'd also stop quite a way short of calling it decent. 

There were plenty of people saying before the game that they would have taken a point. I personally don't think it was a terrible result either though, particularly not a terrible result in isolation.

However, we showed more than enough at Partick on Friday to suggest that was a winnable game.

Partick are on a bad run but were still much better than us for the first 35 minutes.  Our equaliser was out of nowhere - and thanks to them having a dodgy keeper.  We picked up after that, but were under pressure again at the start of the 2nd half and got another goal completely out of the blue (great goal mind you).  It was only really after their equaliser was ruled out and Benjamin scored where we began to look the better side.

If Jakubiak had buried that chance at the end of the first half last night, we could well have seen a more confident 2nd half performance.

In summary, goals seem quite important...

• Upvote 4