Clubs Accounts

Grant

On 20/03/2024 at 14:08, da_no_1 said:

Would a list like this suffice & allay fears?

Given a lot of fans have sought that level of detail I'd say maybe, or probably. But, see at the end of the day, most fans won't or don't give a hoot about accounts, cash flow, cash reserves etc, it's about results and signings etc. I can fully understand that.

Ultimately we're all judged on results. 

53 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Given a lot of fans have sought that level of detail I'd say maybe, or probably. But, see at the end of the day, most fans won't or don't give a hoot about accounts, cash flow, cash reserves etc, it's about results and signings etc. I can fully understand that.

Ultimately we're all judged on results. 

Perhaps I didn't get my point over properly.

They only made a profit due to an unspecified "other" amount of cash. Indeed chuck in the cup cash (hardly guaranteed season on season) & they'd have lost more than £250,000.

A P&L report that detailed those sorts of numbers would have raised more questions than answers, no?

Edited by da_no_1

17 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Perhaps I didn't get my point over properly.

They only made a profit due to an unspecified "other" amount of cash. Indeed chuck in the cup cash (hardly guaranteed season on season) & they'd have lost more than £250,000.

A P&L report that detailed those sorts of numbers would have raised more questions than answers, no?

Morton have recently come under new ownership (might even be fans?) so they actually had allot of communication with regards to there finances, among it they were open about the cup tie against Celtic raising their playing budget. If they hadn't got the draw maybe they wouldn't have spent the extra money? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Grant said:

Morton have recently come under new ownership (might even be fans?) so they actually had allot of communication with regards to there finances, among it they were open about the cup tie against Celtic raising their playing budget. If they hadn't got the draw maybe they wouldn't have spent the extra money? 

Just for the record, I'm not criticising Morton & how they've attained money to budget with.

What I'm trying (& obviously failing) to say is that I'm not sure a report of this type that shows a small profit but lists "other" incomes to top it up won't have pacified some of us on here & other forums.

I'll leave it at that.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Just for the record, I'm not criticising Morton & how they've attained money to budget with.

What I'm trying (& obviously failing) to say is that I'm not sure a report of this type that shows a small profit but lists "other" incomes to top it up won't have pacified some of us on here & other forums.

I'll leave it at that.

Time will tell.