Clubs Accounts

Grant

10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I can't be ***ed trawling back far enough but certainly in later years prior to the outside investment we published the same minimal level of detail as we have now.  Maybe more detailed accounts were made available to shareholders etc, but not what was put on companies house.

Ok, so now I have been bothered.

14/15 p&l published

15/16 abbreviated accounts published 

Every year since has been the same level of detail as this year

6 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

The annual report for year ended 31st May 2021 has a P&L account on page 13. Alongside it is the P&L for year ended May 2020.

I've not gone any further back than that, however.

So basically what was said in the meeting last week wasn't true - "we've never published P&L" 

1 hour ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

There's no level of detail in it - so it depends on the wording of the answer.  If it was a flat 'no' then they were mistaken.

Yeah, it was a pretty adamant answer to the questions of why we haven't published P&L. Another fan rep answered that small companies don't have to, which he was correct in that we utilise the 'small company' rule to allow us to do that, but it was quickly followed by David Cook saying that we have never published P&L.

Now, he could have been mistaken or didn't know, or he could have meant, '...in his time there'. That wasn't made clear though.

I asked last Thursday why the club hadn't supplied profit & loss detail in the accounts. David Cook said the club never has. I said Im sure they had previously, I was told no, that was wrong.

I took David Cook at his word, and in my summary of the meeting I said I stood corrected. 

But I had read up on stuff before the meeting and was aware there's no legal obligation to publish P&L detail.

As I have also said previously, that's the clubs perogative.

You can ascertain the loss/profit from the change in the balance sheet figure from the previous year.  When they have published the P&L (the ones I saw anyway), they have a handful of headings and the gross and net profit figures - so it wouldn't satisfy those who were looking for definitive answers as to why we were spending more than we brought in.

• Upvote 1

Playing devils' advocate here - making an 88k profit looks fantastic but (& I know **** all about accounts) they declare over 250k in cup run cash & over 100k in "other" income.

Would a list like this suffice & allay fears?

And a youth academy that costs 12k a year?

Edited by da_no_1

3 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Playing devils' advocate here - making an 88k profit looks fantastic but (& I know **** all about accounts) they declare over 250k in cup run cash & over 100k in "other" income.

Would a list like this suffice & allay fears?

And a youth academy that costs 12k a year?

Depends on the individual, but for me aye. I don't know the exacts on Morton situation but they were vocal last year about how the draw away at Celtic allowed them to increase there player budget.