Clubs Accounts

Grant

23 minutes ago, Al k said:

I don't think all the whatifiry from this meeting is helping the club either.

Maybe it isn't helping but maybe there is legitimate reasons for concerns. I aim to email the club this week with some questions.

31 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Maybe it isn't helping but maybe there is legitimate reasons for concerns. I aim to email the club this week with some questions.

Any chance of adding the reply? (If any...)

Its the Kenny Dalgish school of answering that's the issue, not a go at you by the way.

If we had some sort of, questions were asked at the meeting about this and this.... (Rightly or wrongly) and the answers are still of concern/not concerning.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Al k said:

Any chance of adding the reply? (If any...)

Its the Kenny Dalgish school of answering that's the issue, not a go at you by the way.

If we had some sort of, questions were asked at the meeting about this and this.... (Rightly or wrongly) and the answers are still of concern/not concerning.

I'm happy to report back anything of relevance to the site.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

One of the things worrying me is the longer term commitment of Fussball Gmbh contingent. If their business model isn't sustainable they just walk. Then who takes over?

Formally they hand the club back to pars united, but it’s clear a few prominent figures(including but not exclusive to McArthur) were/are just worn out, that isn’t a criticism btw they gave a lot of time and money even if not directly to the club and we aren’t entitled to anyone’s good will.  I believe they being pars fans to there core they’d step in if required but I don’t think that’s a long term solution.

What I will say is that I know some were aware of who the pars united directors were and some particularly garmory with the purvis involvement were part of the pre admin regime but largely to the fans as a whole they came out of nowhere, the is the possibility that there’s other fans out there who for whatever reason haven’t been involved so far can step in.

Failing that the only option is to fund a fully professional b.o.d from normal revenue which comes with consequences on ability to fund other activities, particularly first team if as I’d assume without the investment we’d either cancel or massively scale back the academy 

• Upvote 1

I really do wonder about the strategy for our club and I'm worried about it. 

The reported losses for last season, the lack of clarity on those losses and how did we actually manage to make a trading loss of over a £1 million last season? (I'm no accountant but that worries me). 

Throw in the (rumoured) projected losses for this season and that's 3 consecutive seasons the club will have returned a loss (this worries me after previous boards financial prudence). 

If we get relegated again then we're up to our necks in manure. Then what?,  how long before Fussball GmbH get tired of the situation? As far as it's been rumoured they haven't converted their loans to shares so where's the demonstration of commitment? If they walk away, we are in dire straits.

Fans of the club need to have transparency, it should be a given after all the sh**e we went through back in 2012/13. 

• Upvote 2

• The topic was pinned

Just to add, I have emailed the club as promised. No reply yet, but I can wait. 

There is a fans communication session this Thursday organised through SLO Drew Main, so that's a positive. Those fans invited represent supporters buses, Pars websites, various associated and affiliated fan groups etc. Myself and Digs should be in attendance, so there will be feedback on this site. 

• Upvote 9

19 minutes ago, Piracy said:

There is a fans communication session this Thursday organised through SLO Drew Main, so that's a positive. Those fans invited represent supporters buses, Pars websites, various associated and affiliated fan groups etc. Myself and Digs should be in attendance, so there will be feedback on this site. 

Thanks to you and @Digsin advance for attending. Would be good to get some clarity on the issues that are outstanding.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, livipar2 said:

Good that this meeting is happening but I really feel it should be open to all.

I do not disagree. 

I think the intention is to run some things (new ideas) past a few supporters to groups to improve things. I'm not sure what exactly, but I'm sure questions will be asked once we've heard them out. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I do not disagree. 

I think the intention is to run some things (new ideas) past a few supporters to groups to improve things.  

Am I right that the last idea proposed at a meeting like this was the living true sportsmanship one and that was pushed through regardless despite being a load of bollocks

Just now, parsforlife said:

Am I right that the last idea proposed at a meeting like this was the living true sportsmanship one and that was pushed through regardless despite being a load of bollocks

Yeah the last meeting of this type was about true sportsmanship. I've no issue with that tbh. 

16 hours ago, Superally said:

I wouldn't be confident of getting a response before the meeting on Thurs 

I wasn't confident to start with but I said to someone that I would send an email. We'll maybe get no answers on Thursday either because my questions isn't what the meeting is about, but we'll see. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/03/2024 at 01:54, Piracy said:

Thanks for this.  It’s appreciated especially for those of us out the country who are watching on (and supporting) from afar. 

It has been a very concerning season on and off the park.  

• Upvote 1