Clubs Accounts

Grant

5 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I'm hoping that in efforts to professionalise the club these new club employees with decent salaries are establishing new revenue streams and getting the best deal for the club in contract negotiations etc.

I don't think they are capable of doing that Piracy .. we are in decline  .. paying out more than we take in .. not good business acumen .. We/they are trying to make us a big club again  .. but have got it erse for elbow .. Salaried positions sucking the life from the club .. Training Academy .. maybe for the future if we remain in the Championship or progress to the Premier .. The Tail is wagging the dug 

• Upvote 5

Very disappointing numbers - it would be much better to see the trading numbers and the training ground as separate results to really understand what’s going on. The short term creditors have also shot up by more than 500,000 which is very worrying.

There is reference to further support from GmbH but it seems to me they are responsible for most of the loss through disastrous managerial appointments and the expense for the training ground.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, buspasspar said:

I don't think they are capable of doing that Piracy .. we are in decline  .. paying out more than we take in .. not good business acumen .. We/they are trying to make us a big club again  .. but have got it erse for elbow .. Salaried positions sucking the life from the club .. Training Academy .. maybe for the future if we remain in the Championship or progress to the Premier .. The Tail is wagging the dug 

I have to agree with much of what you say. It concerns me that under Ross McArthur we returned a small operating profit every season apart from one. Financial prudence had to be part of our clubs culture given what happened in 2013. Now we're reporting a 7 figure loss with a rumoured projected 6 figure loss for this season. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Number Eleven said:

Very disappointing numbers - it would be much better to see the trading numbers and the training ground as separate results to really understand what’s going on. The short term creditors have also shot up by more than 500,000 which is very worrying.

There is reference to further support from GmbH but it seems to me they are responsible for most of the loss through disastrous managerial appointments and the expense for the training ground.

The Board are obviously both responsible and accountable. I hope to hell they're sure of what they're doing. 

• Upvote 1

The statement reads that a bit of the income went into the training ground and planning. This has been a gamble imo. We could end up back playing in the 3rd tier, which going by the money available down in it, could probably bust us. We not looking too clever on, or off the pitch just now. 

• Upvote 1

"Our budget for the year was based, conservatively, on ending the season in a play-off position and securing promotion by way of those additional matches. Ending the season as league champions meant, of course, that we missed out on those additional revenues.  Of course, we were delighted to forego those."

:WTF:

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

"Our budget for the year was based, conservatively, on ending the season in a play-off position and securing promotion by way of those additional matches. Ending the season as league champions meant, of course, that we missed out on those additional revenues.  Of course, we were delighted to forego those."

:WTF:

As was pointed out by one of the more sensible posters on dotnet, 2 home playoff games may have totalled around 10,000 fans, but we would perhaps not have had 9,000 v Falkirk and 6,000 in the title winning game v QOS. 

You have to expect the losses were payoffs for Grant, Hughes (Unsure as he quit), the new F/T staff (Cook and commercial Manager) and cost trebling for the training ground.

Absolute crazy stuff, the little confidence I have had in anyone out with playing staff has long gone now. If the losses next year are anything over a quarter of that, they all need to go. 

I suspect it will be tho. I had the nerve to laugh at Falkirk, they are in a far better state even after what seems like endless public handouts. 

6 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

As was pointed out by one of the more sensible posters on dotnet, 2 home playoff games may have totalled around 10,000 fans, but we would perhaps not have had 9,000 v Falkirk and 6,000 in the title winning game v QOS. 

We could have been pumped out in the first round of the playoffs

6 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Correct, we also would've got extra prize money from finishing higher up. 

That statement is a disgrace imo, it's flat out bull****. 

• Upvote 3