Clubs Accounts

Grant

6 hours ago, Rossmcno1 said:

Giving them a slight benefit of the doubt, I read that bit about the playoffs and just thought it was a budget explanation of expectations?   It was almost meant as a throw away comment (income budget based on 19 games rather than 18 as assumption of finishing in playoffs) and I just thought it should be treated as such.  Any time I’ve budgeted a business that’s what you do, you understand where you think you’re going to be performance wise and budget accordingly.  Then when reviewing the P&L you compare and contrast trading to give the numbers some detail.  

Yeah, that was my thought too. The only weird thing there IMO is mentioning it. Seems a reasonable approach to have taken though in planning.

I also don't think they're suggesting it is the main reason behind losing a million pounds. However, the scenario in the planning would likely have made a reasonably big difference, all other things being equal.

The daft thing was saying so - it makes it look like an excuse for the wider losses, and that doesn't wash.

I don't know much about accounts, so I'm not going to leap to any conclusions about the figures, not least because there doesn't seem to be much detail.

My layman's view is that if the training academy work/costs represents most of the million, then it can probably be seen as an investment in the future (as long as it is completed, is effective and doesn't just keep having big negative impacts every year for a long time).

If the training ground does not represent most of the million loss, then that's more concerning I think.

I'm not defending the figures, losing a million is never good. And I've certainly got plenty of issues with various aspects of the way the club has been run in the last few years. But I'm not going to panic and assume the worst either. 

In short (too late) we need more detail.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

My layman's view is that if the training academy work/costs represents most of the million, then it can probably be seen as an investment in the future (as long as it is completed, is effective and doesn't just keep having big negative impacts every year for a long time).

If the training ground does not represent most of the million loss, then that's more concerning I think.

I think that covers things fairly well, If we had a statement along the lines of

' our revenue was in line with what we expected, first team spending was in relative terms similar to our last spell in league 1 however a planned loss of 1m is recorded in the accounts as DAFC fussball has provided a cash injection of the same figure in order to fund academy and training ground costs.'  Then an understanding between fans and board would be quite clear.

But we don't have such a statement,  we have one which looks to be scrambling for reasons for the loss and that leads to a loss of trust. 

Edited by parsforlife
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Anybody on here sit in the main stand?

I'm main stand loyal 🤪

Want to say, as much as I have heavily criticised the investment group it about there lack of attendance it would have been really easy to dip out of going yesterday in light of the financial results they did show up for a rare appearance,  wonder if they put themselves out into the community as well? 

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I'm main stand loyal 🤪

Want to say, as much as I have heavily criticised the investment group it about there lack of attendance it would have been really easy to dip out of going yesterday in light of the financial results they did show up for a rare appearance,  wonder if they put themselves out into the community as well? 

Were Meggle and Cook both there for the match?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Was Meggle and Cook both these for the match?

Can't say for certain on cook but he's been virtually ever present. Meagle was certainly there.  Must say my attention on the directors box wasn't as much as it would be had the action on the pitch not be so entertaining.

Another notable thing would be our former GM attending in the area normally assigned to guests behind the directors box. 

Edited by parsforlife

12 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Can't say for certain on cook but he's been virtually ever present. Meagle was certainly there.  Must say my attention on the directors box wasn't as much as it would be had the action on the pitch not be so entertaining.

Another notable thing would be our former GM attending in the area normally assigned to guests behind the directors box. 

I heard that Cook was present at the game but hadn't watched it from the main stand. Maybe just ill and keeping himself apart.

Our former GM has a former players event today. That's why he'd have been there I suspect.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Was the shareholders meeting a few weeks back anything to do with this?  If so, maybe they could give more info on it, unless they've signed the DAFC official secrets act.

I think there's more to all this and that meeting wasn't just a moaning session.

One of the things worrying me is the longer term commitment of Fussball Gmbh contingent. If their business model isn't sustainable they just walk. Then who takes over?

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I think there's more to all this and that meeting wasn't just a moaning session.

One of the things worrying me is the longer term commitment of Fussball Gmbh contingent. If their business model isn't sustainable they just walk. Then who takes over?

I would imagine they wouldn't be happy about losing their investment, but like you say, if not sustainable then maybe they will write it off and move on. I honestly don't know what any of the current board are like, or would even recognise any of them. Think if we can stay up, it would make a massive difference.

Edited by scottyboy

I think we can stay up, Tuesday and next Saturday are huge games given how tight this league actually is. I want McPake to succeed and if he keeps us up then we're not shelling out cash again to terminate his contract and look for another manager. Must have cost us fair bit to get rid of Grant and Hughes, can be doing without that stuff.

• Upvote 1