Clubs Accounts

Grant

42 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Raymie all my mate who deals in accounts said if you have money in the bank £700k and debtors of £850k to pay over the year then it’s not good😅 this is where we need to sell a couple of player just to break even!

That doesn't quite stack up when looking at the current assets vs the current liabilities.

1 minute ago, Raymie said:

The whole academy and viability is something for a new topic in itself, imo?

It is. I just worry it's development and the ultimate completion costs are to the detriment of putting the best team we can afford onto the pitch. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Piracy said:

It is. I just worry it's development and the ultimate completion costs are to the detriment of putting the best team we can afford onto the pitch. 

Question - who are three of our best young players, with a real chance of selling them on for profit and where did we sign them from?

9 minutes ago, Raymie said:

Question - who are three of our best young players, with a real chance of selling them on for profit and where did we sign them from?

I give in Raymie, furnish me with the answers mate, I've had a long day. 

11 minutes ago, Raymie said:

😀 KRH, Fisher and Otoo - developed by bigger clubs' academies.  MFW might be another that we can prosper from?

True. Let other big clubs pay the development costs and we can pick them up and hopefully sell them on. Obviously intentional on our part. 

I'm not against our own academy by the way. It's development a huge cost and on completion very expensive to run. Having just come up from the 3rd tier of our game it's maybe an ambition too far at this stage. But it's the Board baw. 

If they're willing to absorb losses in pursuit of their ambitions for the club then fair enough. I'm sure their aspirations are honourable enough, however it's a helluva hit and I'd suggest not sustainable for a club like ours and that is my real problem with this news. If we take another similar hit for this season it's really concerning for me. We've come off the back of the previous Board needing to manage things prudently to ensure we stabilise the club to then running into a situation of 2 consecutive seasons with considerable losses. If we can't get it right on the park and run into a period of deterioration then how long will the Board hang around for?, I really can't begin to answer that, only they will know. I'm not naturally negative in outlook and I try to remain reasonable, fair and pragmatic in life but given what we all endured just over 10 year ago it's surely at least understandable for Pars fans to be concerned. I know that the club get wind of posts like this and they're either uncomfortable with contesting views or wishing folk like me would just shut up, but I won't. Or maybe they don't pay any attention, which is their perogative. 

• Upvote 8

18 minutes ago, Honk said:

Really concerning. We the fans should be on full alert and demand more transparency than we're getting just now. That play off statement is just bonkers. 

Aye, it doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. It just gives off a vibe of ****ing on our heads and telling us it’s raining. 

As Piracy says, I don’t doubt their motives but if they want anyone to buy into their project then coming out with absolute bollocks like that needs slammed firmly in the bin. Never read so much nonsense in my puff.

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, Piracy said:

If they're willing to absorb losses in pursuit of their ambitions for the club then fair enough. I'm sure their aspirations are honourable enough, however it's a helluva hit and I'd suggest not sustainable for a club like ours and that is my real problem with this news. 

This, I have massive concerns over not only the spending but more the seemingly lax attitude towards it. We've been here before where losses are explained away as expected and the BoD apparently have it under control and it nearly ended us, there's an incredible amount of examples across world football where its collapsed under 'it will be ok' promises.  There's far fewer examples of clubs who just took the hit for a while and that investment proved worthwhile with both club and owners in a better place.

• Upvote 3

Bottom line for me is that I want to be able to continue to support the team I have followed since 1963. The memory of 2013 is still vivid - I remember feeling sick to the bottom of my stomach at Starks Park, as we watched what was expected to be the Pars last ever game and I don't ever want to experience that horrible feeling ever again.

I believe our investors are not short of a £ or two, but they didn't become wealthy by throwing away good money year after year, so I'm sure they won't be happy to have lost over £1m last season. If we were to post a similar loss for this season, they may decide they've had enough and walk away and then what?

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Bottom line for me is that I want to be able to continue to support the team I have followed since 1963. The memory of 2013 is still vivid - I remember feeling sick to the bottom of my stomach at Starks Park, as we watched what was expected to be the Pars last ever game and I don't ever want to experience that horrible feeling ever again.

I believe our investors are not short of a £ or two, but they didn't become wealthy by throwing away good money year after year, so I'm sure they won't be happy to have lost over £1m last season. If we were to post a similar loss for this season, they may decide they've had enough and walk away and then what?

But it's their business model that's causing the loss. Its their bloody fault in other words. 

• Upvote 6