James McPake

14 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

All the players totally buy in to the school initiative, EET. after last week's visit, Breen said to me, "This is great, I'd do it every week." Dave Mackay drew up a rota so that all the players visit approx 2 schools per season. I've messaged Dave to let him know that Breeny has volunteered to do any extra visits going. 😀

This is exactly the kind of thing I want to both see and hear from the club. Embedding ourselves firmly in the community is an absolute must and was always a strong intent by the previous Board post Masterton. Long may it continue and we'll done to those who continue to volunteer for these initiatives.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

This is exactly the kind of thing I want to both see and hear from the club. Embedding ourselves firmly in the community is an absolute must and was always a strong intent by the previous Board post Masterton. Long may it continue and we'll done to those who continue to volunteer for these initiatives.

I've no idea why the club aren't doing a weekly twitter post saying what players are going out etc. 

2 hours ago, Grant said:

I've no idea why the club aren't doing a weekly twitter post saying what players are going out etc. 

Its a valid point and a missed opportunity they should be using social media more to promote the image of the club

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Piracy said:

Aye, when I went to speak to Bob Garmory and Ross McArthur about my idea, they couldn't have been more enthusiastic. Bob asked "When can you start?" and Ross added, "Just tell us what you need from the club to get started and I'll see that you get it." Ross said that the club's name and reputation had been badly damaged when we went into administration, not just among other clubs, but also in the local community. He saw school engagement as a great way to start repairing that damage by making our club the focal point of the West Fife community. A rreally switched on gent.

Eh, how did we get from James McPake to schools engagement? 🤔

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Grant said:

Maybe don't want fans showing up at primary schools. Also, possibly not wanting to spoil a surprise for the kids (or commit to coming, only to maybe have to pull out later).

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

Maybe don't want fans showing up at primary schools. Also, possibly not wanting to spoil a surprise for the kids (or commit to coming, only to maybe have to pull out later).

Can be posted afterwards without any of those consequences.

can also do a few teasers that don’t involve direct commitment?

‘Watch out the pars are about!’

generic photo

#yourschool” “ourclub”

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Can be posted afterwards without any of those consequences.

can also do a few teasers that don’t involve direct commitment?

‘Watch out the pars are about!’

generic photo

#yourschool” “ourclub”

Yeah, all fair points.