James McPake

I really hope this man turns it round as I think he's a decent guy who is passionate about his job at Dunfermline. Having sat in his company a few times now, I think he's sincere. Got my full support. 

• Upvote 7

38 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I really hope this man turns it round as I think he's a decent guy who is passionate about his job at Dunfermline. Having sat in his company a few times now, I think he's sincere. Got my full support. 

Anyone at the meeting last night would have got that - I hope we can convince the others likewise - let’s get behind James and pull in the same direction …

• Upvote 4

Agreed. At every one of these I've been to, he speaks passionately about the game and talks and talks, and acknowledges himself he is doing so. He just loves the game and I think he's an infectious guy and I can see why the group is close, as I think that as a player, you'd want to play for him, and it would be enjoyable.

Obviously his persona in the dressing room will likely be different to what he shows here but you can tell a fitba guy when you meet one, and he is definitely that.

• Upvote 4

He has to find answers to our attacking problems.

We didn't score that many last year either. He's had quite a bit of time to sort it out. Also think too much loyalty was shown to players off the back of winning league 1. I can see why but many of them have not been very good this season and we're stuck with them next year too. Hindsight is a great thing though.

I do hope he finds the answers and has a successful long career with us though. His heart is certainly in the right place.

All managers success is dependent on results, I quite like McPake if he screws it up he takes ownership of it and says so. If he gets the support of the board I think we will be OK. I have no doubt he has bought in to The Pars and EEP  

• Upvote 2

I firmly believe he will keep us up and that we would have comfortably made the top 4 but for a horrendous run of long-term injuries to so many key players.

I hope the owners give him a decent budget to allow him to add a few quality players to an already decent squad (when they're all fit.) There's also a great harmony in the squad (Rhys Breen replied to a question from a pupil at Masterton PS this week, that the best thing about playing for the Pars is that there are no Prima Donnas, every body gets on really well with everyone else) and this has to be down to McPake and Dave Mackay at least in part.

• Upvote 4

That's great to hear. That no matter how bad things are, they're still engaging with the kids. 

I mind when Hamish and Big Toddy came to our Primary all those years ago to sign some stuff, was the best school day ever. Except for that time we found a jazz mag.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Eastendtales said:

That's great to hear. That no matter how bad things are, they're still engaging with the kids. 

I mind when Hamish and Big Toddy came to our Primary all those years ago to sign some stuff, was the best school day ever. Except for that time we found a jazz mag.

Hamish and Toddy? Lucky sod. Vetle Andersen came to my primary!

19 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Hamish and Toddy? Lucky sod. Vetle Andersen came to my primary!

Jim Leishman came to mine and his old primary school in 1990. 

See if you can guess the day I had off sick that year. 😭

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eastendtales said:

You, Hamish and Toddy found a jazz mag. You should get them on your podcast for that alone. 😆

• Like 1

I’m so pleased for McPake after last night’s result. One of the most heartwarming TV shots was of his celebration following the third goal. This season must have been an absolute nightmare for him but, conversely, I expect that it’s also been a useful, character building experience. Of course there are still seven games to go but even if the “worst” happens I still believe he’s the man for the job going forward: that some people persist in comparing him unfavourably to Grant and Hughes is frankly beyond belief.

• Upvote 6

21 minutes ago, Yorkiepar said:

I’m so pleased for McPake after last night’s result. One of the most heartwarming TV shots was of his celebration following the third goal. This season must have been an absolute nightmare for him but, conversely, I expect that it’s also been a useful, character building experience. Of course there are still seven games to go but even if the “worst” happens I still believe he’s the man for the job going forward: that some people persist in comparing him unfavourably to Grant and Hughes is frankly beyond belief.

I sensed a bit of nervousness from him on Thursday. A man desperate to turn things around and to stress the frustration around poor results and also an absolute willingness for his team to do well. I'd also say, maybe a man slightly worried about his position as manager, I'm so glad he pulled this off last night, the relief was obvious and you could see what it meant to him and thr players. I've said this numerous times, he's the most competent manager we've had in an age.

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, Eastendtales said:

All the players totally buy in to the school initiative, EET. after last week's visit, Breen said to me, "This is great, I'd do it every week." Dave Mackay drew up a rota so that all the players visit approx 2 schools per season. I've messaged Dave to let him know that Breeny has volunteered to do any extra visits going. 😀

• Upvote 7