Arbroath v The Pars

There is a real sense of growing optimism at EEP and amongst the faithful with the return of injured players (only Wighton and Comrie long term) January signings going beyond expectation and have slotted in well adding to the fact that we have been unbeaten in two games and are creeping up the form table all at the right time of the season. However, we have to curb that enthusiasm and remember that unless we come away from Arbroath with three points it all means very little. Arbroath are fighting for their lives in the championship and will give everything to take something from the game. Indeed, they have done well against the Pars this season with an initial 3-0 defeat followed up with two 1-1 draws. While the Red Litchies may seek to park the bus and look to gain opportunities from set plays, the Pars will need to play with a bit of guile and be clinical in front of goal. Although we have recently scored three goals against the league leaders, being clinical is not a tag this team can claim – yet! Arbroath may have the grim reaper hanging over them but ex Par Jim McIntyre will have them organised, look to frustrate and will look to take something from the game. However, the odds suggest the Pars will hammer another nail onto the coffin by winning a tight game, 2-0 Pars, COYP

• Upvote 1

I was up there in December and it really was a turgid affair. However, much more optimistic now that} we're really beginning to show what we're actually capable of doing as a team.

Last week's game really did exhibit a level of resilience not seen since last season. We stood up to the bullying and kept our shape.

I think we'll win this game by a single goal, either a 2-1 or 1-0 away win for the Pars. 

• Upvote 1

I feel like I've spent so much of this season dreading each game as it comes along and fearing the outcome; but, of course, occasionally being pleasantly surprised. As Superally says, I do feel more optimistic about this one but I also fear it won't be pretty - it never is when opponents are fighting for their lives. A narrow win for me but please, please, please, no more injuries. Injuries can get tae ........

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Best view was definitely in the pub or chippy that day

If we'd stayed in the hoose, we'd have saved our eyes from that abysmal performance and also not all got covid. It was a ****e day all round.

8 minutes ago, StevenPar77 said:

Out of interest, where is the best area to park the car and what is the chippie of choice?

Loads of street parking around the stadium, a few of the chippies down the harbour area are decent from memory.

Looking forward to the day out tomorrow. Train up and down will be a good laugh I'm sure.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

Loads of street parking around the stadium, a few of the chippies down the harbour area are decent from memory.

Looking forward to the day out tomorrow. Train up and down will be a good laugh I'm sure.

Nice one Avie, let's hope we all have a good day out! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Patrón said:

Trains could be tasty tomorrow. Wonder if Falkirk will make a stop off in Arbroath on their way to Montrose for a bit of pavement dancing.

Let's hope not, but I reckon it'll be a possibility.