Out of contract players

1 hour ago, Eastendtales said:

I wonde if McPake fancies Bene, Breen and Fisher as his first choice 3 at the back next season. 

Hope not. None of them have the required ball progression abilities to play as the wide centre backs. 

32 minutes ago, Tartan Army Par said:

I see Partick are on the verge of signing Robbie Crawford who's out of contract at Morton. Proven good player at this level Hope we are going to make our moves a bit quicker this year. 

We were apparently in for Crawford last year but he wanted to stay in the championship.

TBH I’m not too bothered by him, he’s part of that large group of meh players that make up the majority of the league, and we’ve pretty much already fulfilled our quota with those remaining under contract, it’s match winning quality we need to add.

I see Crawford as a bit of a worst Todd, would've been handy for squad depth though. 

I wonder if Partick getting Crawford means they aren't taking McInroy? I'd absolutely be in for him. 

2 hours ago, Grant said:

Hope not. None of them have the required ball progression abilities to play as the wide centre backs. 

I’d say Fisher can without a doubt.  And Breen although he needs to stay fit and prove himself at this level.

16 hours ago, livipar2 said:

I’d say Fisher can without a doubt.  And Breen although he needs to stay fit and prove himself at this level.

I've got plenty of doubts about Fisher in a back three tbh. How do you see him with regards to overlapping the rwb, or driving into midfield to try commit players and create overloads? He's got a nice long range pass but if we persist with a back three and play Fisher at RCB our build up play is going to continue to be laborious and slow. 

Just to be clear, I like him, he's a good player with potential. But he's nowhere near the levels of being a wide centre back as say Otoo is.