Out of contract players

13 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

I think it's harsh to consider Benjamin a failure of a signing, he's barely played, and in one of the instances where he did he scored a vital goal (at Firhill)

Holmes, no argument, I don't think anyone can dispute that it hasn't worked out for him here.

Benjamin played enough to see he just wasn't upto playing at this level. 

13 hours ago, Eastendtales said:

I don't think Moffat has worked. He looks like a right sided winger shoehorned into a side that doesn't play one.

Agreed,McPake does like signing wide players. 

Sadly we don't play with wingers so we never truly see the best of them (Mochrie, Moffat and KRH) 

1 hour ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Apparently, a lot of the players look up to Chalmers because of his professionalism, dedication and attitude to training.

Doesn't sound like someone with a poor work ethics - regardless of what you think of his footballing ability.

Aye McPake said he was one of the leaders in the dressing room.

10 hours ago, Raymie said:

Whilst he’s not been great, one thing that can’t be levelled at MOH is his work rate 

Exactly, its hard to judge when hes hardly played in his position too. Pars fans love the lazy tag. Mccann, Wighton and Chalmers get it at some point. 

I wouldn't describe any of those lazy. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Al k said:

Exactly, its hard to judge when hes hardly played in his position too. Pars fans love the lazy tag. Mccann, Wighton and Chalmers get it at some point. 

I wouldn't describe any of those lazy. 

Neither would I. In fact I'd say that both unfair and inaccurate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think McCann would be better if he ran about less. 

Not taking the ****, but he'll often choose bad times to press, means that he gets knackered and I think it effects him. 

Chris Kane is intelligent with his pressing for example. 

• Upvote 1

As said before an intelligent player can read the game and his opponents round him to press the ball and get a result. But there are not many players in the Championship do this and just run at the opponent with the ball then sprint back to get the ball..

As for my lazy players statement I will take that back BUT then I would say there are certain players that are League 1/lower Championship level in our team then? MOH is capable of a lot more on the pitch but doesn’t work hard enough…. Could be a formation problem🤷 Is the manager playing the right formation? Is he getting the best out of the team? 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

As for my lazy players statement I will take that back BUT then I would say there are certain players that are League 1/lower Championship level in our team then? MOH is capable of a lot more on the pitch but doesn’t work hard enough…. Could be a formation problem🤷 Is the manager playing the right formation? Is he getting the best out of the team? 

I would say yes, there are a quite big percentage of our squad that are lower championship,  that's why we need to get our recruitment right over the summer.

FWIW even the best sides in the division are carrying a few that are lower championship.  80% of the division are a broadly similar standard,  its having the 3-4 players in your squad that's going to win you games that matters. 

Again on MOH, probably his biggest issue is not being having his head up and releasing the ball at the right times,  your not going to change that at his age.  Probably the thing that would make him look better is having other options that mean teams can't afford to just swamp around him.

With the GPS kit players wear there's absolutely no hiding place for a player to not put the running in or even just not run with the same intensity the should,  do that and that manager will know within 30 seconds. 

Chalmers is another that got called lazy and I can't remember the exact quote but mcpake said at some point his stats were in the top 3-4 in the team, covering over 10k a game. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I would say yes, there are a quite big percentage of our squad that are lower championship,  that's why we need to get our recruitment right over the summer.

FWIW even the best sides in the division are carrying a few that are lower championship.  80% of the division are a broadly similar standard,  its having the 3-4 players in your squad that's going to win you games that matters. 

Again on MOH, probably his biggest issue is not being having his head up and releasing the ball at the right times,  your not going to change that at his age.  Probably the thing that would make him look better is having other options that mean teams can't afford to just swamp around him.

With the GPS kit players wear there's absolutely no hiding place for a player to not put the running in or even just not run with the same intensity the should,  do that and that manager will know within 30 seconds. 

Chalmers is another that got called lazy and I can't remember the exact quote but mcpake said at some point his stats were in the top 3-4 in the team, covering over 10k a game. 

Ok I agree but with wearing this kit it doesn’t make a player great seeing then cover all the pitch for most of the game… that’s where a player knows when to press or sit a bit waiting on the opposition making a mistake or in this league hoofing the ball up top. 
I really think fans will be disappointed as we have players on contracts for another year and that’s what we will end up with… add the academy still getting built costing £££££. Remember the boards plan? So imo mid Championship again next season.

8 minutes ago, Superally said:

Looks Like Fagan-Walcott is returning down south and has said his goodbyes on Twitter

That's what I took from it, shame I'd been happy for him to stay.  It would be unfortunate if he's decided to continue in youth football, he's at an age he really needs to be playing regularly if he's going to make a career of it, I would understand if he's got offered a decent first team contract in league 1/2 but anything other than that(return to scotland -us  or national league etc) i'd be a bit frustrated that we couldn't get a deal done.

I would be happy for him to stay too as you can see he is going to be a class act. If there is a possible loan option for him next season that would be great. Whatever happens the board and cook really need to back McPake and show some ambition with new signings. I still think had we not had the injuries to key players we were within a good chance of the play offs but we ran the risk of a thin squad and were found out. There are areas  all over the pitch that need to be addressed and waiting to see what is left like we did this season wont be tolerated again. 

Money as always will decide what happens. All players under contract will be kept unless someone wants to buy them. We can't afford to get rid of players mid-contract so we will again try to add to what we have through loans. Unfortunately, we are stuck with players such as McCann and Wighton who have already shown they cannot cut it in the championship. Todd and Sutherland will get their chance this season.

1 hour ago, Superally said:

still think had we not had the injuries to key players we were within a good chance of the play offs but we ran the risk of a thin squad and were found out. There are areas  all over the pitch that need to be addressed and waiting to see what is left like we did this season wont be tolerated again. 

The 7/8 points for the play-offs could certainly be achieved without injuries which were edging on the side of unfortunate(I say that as I believe early season we were too small of squad and probably made wrong decisions but even so had a shade of bad luck) however that's entirely different from the 30 point difference we need to bridge to be a potentially championship winning side which is where we need to aim.